CrossCurrent S compatible with the new 52V G2 battery?

007craft

I have a CrossCurrent S with a 48v battery that has just died (only lasted 3.5 years :( ). Anyway, I need a replacement but the only battery Juiced sells now is the G2 52V battery. I read in other posts on this forum that the Cross Current S, even tho sold with a 48V battery, does indeed support a 52V battery with its controller. But I guess that was referring to the G1 Batteries. Would a G2 battery work on my CrossCurrent S? Is the physical connection still the same?

If G1 worked G2 would work. Connection is the same, might need a good push the first time. I would check with Juiced to see if your exact model controller is compatible with 52V battery. Should be, but best to check. I think the batteries are on sale still take a look.

I have a CrossCurrent S with a 48v battery that has just died (only lasted 3.5 years :( ). Anyway, I need a replacement but the only battery Juiced sells now is the G2 52V battery. I read in other posts on this forum that the Cross Current S, even tho sold with a 48V battery, does indeed support a 52V battery with its controller. But I guess that was referring to the G1 Batteries. Would a G2 battery work on my CrossCurrent S? Is the physical connection still the same?

If you get it/find out can you update the post? I'm curious too.

Do you know why the battery died? Strange that it died and not simply decayed.

I have a 48V 17.4aH battery if anyone is interested. I just upgraded from an original Cross Current with a CCS controller to a new Cross Current X. I held up the older 48V battery to the new 52V battery and there’s a pretty significant difference in length so gen 2 batteries wouldn’t work in gen 1 frames.

I'm not sure whats considered what generation with juiced but I think this was their reelases

CrossCurrent
CrossCurrent (48v) (my bike)
CrossCurrent S2 (52V)
CrossCurrent x (52V)

I did end up purchasing the G2 52V battery and using it in my cross current S frame. Its a tight fight but it works! Its hard to access the power button of the battery tho, you need to press it with a key. The old G1 batteries didnt have power buttons. They just auto worked, much better
But the problem is my display is all wrong. Its got the old firmware. There is no Race mode. While the bike works, I have no idea what wattage its at. Fully charged it goes to 53.3, which is what a 48V battery should read. When I ride, the bars stay at max for a solid 25KM in Sport mode until I start losing bars. Like 50% of the battery is no bars lost and then the other 30% you use is the rest of the bars. Not ideal.
The firmware on the controller needs to be updated from what I gather, but absolutly no idea on how to do that. Ive read old stuff about sending it into juiced and they update it for you, but that was years ago. Perhaps theres a way to do it yourself?

Back