CreoTCU mastermind locked out

Modman

Region
USA
Hello new member here Mike, unfortunately my specialized creo sl comp TCU mastermind display is locked out. battery ran down under 5% & lockedout the TCU. Do not have the pin# to unlock the unit as I purchased the bike used from marketplace with low miles. just wondering if anyone has had the same issue? Trying to avoid purchasing a new TCU.

Hello new member here Mike, unfortunately my specialized creo sl comp TCU mastermind display is locked out. battery ran down under 5% & lockedout the TCU. Do not have the pin# to unlock the unit as I purchased the bike used from marketplace with low miles. just wondering if anyone has had the same issue? Trying to avoid purchasing a new TCU.
hmmmm given that the pin is an anti-theft feature, your best options are 1) get the pin from the person you bought it from or 2) reach out to specialized rider care with your purchase receipt. i imagine a specialized retailer/service center has a way to reset this.

Seems like there are lots of potential gotchas in buying used ebikes. Hope yours gets fixed.

Will be watching this thread closely, as I'm about to take delivery on a Vado SL 5 with only 320 Wh of main battery. Given my goal of riding with a range extender as little as possible in this hilly area, might well be hitting 5% charge now and then.

Sure hope TCU lockout isn't the normal consequence.

Well I did contact rider care and they told me get the original pin# or get a new TCU and I have no way of contacting the original owner. they acted like the bike was stolen . I told them riders can lose or forget there pin# so there has to be a way to recover the unit? thanks for your input.

Back