Creo Turbo Di2 dead

PassoGavia

Region
USA
City
Roswell, Georgia
I have a 2021 Turbo Creo that I bought new about 5 weeks ago. Rear Shimano Ultegra Di2 derailleur was working fine, I tend to charge it about every two weeks through the bar end junction 'box'. Couldn't remember the last time I charged it, so I checked it this afternoon and the green LED lit up, so it was fine, but I decided to top it off anyway and plugged it into the charger. The amber light on the charger lit, so I knew it was charging. After work, I unplugged it, and loaded my bike in the car for a Tuesday night group ride. When I got there, I couldn't shift at all. The junction box is completely dead, no LED, nothing. When I plug it into the charger, nothing, either on the junction box or the charger. The charger works fine on my other bike so it's not that. Tried the push button, held it down for 5, then 10, then 15 then 20 seconds, nothing.

Since the bike is new, I will take it to my Specialized dealer to (presumably) get it fixed or reset under warranty. But before I do that, any ideas? Internet searches haven't found any other options that don't involve pulling it out of the bars, checking the cables, etc. Thanks.

that's very frustrating! sorry, but no suggestions. does the Di2 setup stock on a creo expert or s-works have the bluetooth module?

>>>does the Di2 setup stock on a creo expert or s-works have the bluetooth module?
Good question - I don't know. But if it did, the connection would be via the button on the junction box, which isn't working.

>>>Does the Creo allow for some kind of battery removal?
I don't know where the Di2 battery is placed on the Creo. I'm hoping to find out from the bike shop.

Fixed! Shout out to Roswell Bikes of Roswell Georgia who took care of me on the spot, didn't have to drop the bike off. One of the cables behind the shifter had pulled loose. Per the mechanic, there wasn't enough slack, so it pulled out over time. He reseated it and adjusted the slack.

Still don't know where the battery is. First thing he did was pull the seat post to look at the battery connections but it wasn't there.

Fixed! Shout out to Roswell Bikes of Roswell Georgia who took care of me on the spot, didn't have to drop the bike off. One of the cables behind the shifter had pulled loose. Per the mechanic, there wasn't enough slack, so it pulled out over time. He reseated it and adjusted the slack.

Still don't know where the battery is. First thing he did was pull the seat post to look at the battery connections but it wasn't there.
Glad you got it fixed. Here's a thread in the battery location:

Back