Creo SL Comp Carbon/EVO -- Shimano HG to SRAM XD Freehub and Cassette Swap

Good question. I took me a bit of time to find out, but I can't tell you right now because I forgot! There was a notch, I believe. I'll get back to you with photo. I was shaking my head because it was so simple once I figured it out.

i gave up and brought the wheel to a bike shop. you have to remove the rotor and speed sensor, and then the non-drive side cap (very hard to pull off) and then you stick a hex key or screwdriver into a hole through the through-axle. then a 17mm wrench can turn the endcap relative to the fixed axle. i should have been able to figure it out, but i didn't want to take the rotor off.

i gave up and brought the wheel to a bike shop. you have to remove the rotor and speed sensor, and then the non-drive side cap (very hard to pull off) and then you stick a hex key or screwdriver into a hole through the through-axle. then a 17mm wrench can turn the endcap relative to the fixed axle. i should have been able to figure it out, but i didn't want to take the rotor off.
ah yes, those I have photos for documentation. Apologies for assuming you already removed them. Good luck and enjoy!

thanks!

had a very nice ride with the new gearing, it feels livelier! maybe the reduction in rotating weight, maybe just the new gearing, maybe my enthusiasm.

the only bummer is a new ticking/creaking sound, coming from the rear cassette/derailleur area, present only when pedaling under load (silky quiet when coasting or ghost pedaling), more pronounced in some gears than others (but not consistent.) it varies from a regular ticking to a sort of staccato rhythm. i wouldn't call it "loud" but it's definitely noticeable and not very confidence inspiring! it also gets a little grumpy upshifting sometimes, and does an occasional double downshift. maybe RD adjustment needed?

the example here is when it's at the most regular:

vimeo link

Last edited:
thanks!

had a very nice ride with the new gearing, it feels livelier! maybe the reduction in rotating weight, maybe just the new gearing, maybe my enthusiasm.

the only bummer is a new ticking/creaking sound, coming from the rear cassette/derailleur area, present only when pedaling under load (silky quiet when coasting or ghost pedaling), more pronounced in some gears than others (but not consistent.) it varies from a regular ticking to a sort of staccato rhythm. i wouldn't call it "loud" but it's definitely noticeable and not very confidence inspiring! it also gets a little grumpy upshifting sometimes, and does an occasional double downshift. maybe RD adjustment needed?

the example here is when it's at the most regular:

vimeo link
what the... ? I have a really cheap 9T (ZTTO) but doesn't have any sound in any situation. Maybe have the LBS look into it.

what the... ? I have a really cheap 9T (ZTTO) but doesn't have any sound in any situation. Maybe have the LBS look into it.
adjust the barrel a little, and i had the chain routed slightly wrong through the cage. it’s a lot better now. not sure if it’s totally gone, have to ride it harder in the daytime.

embarrassing mistake on the chain routing!

adjust the barrel a little, and i had the chain routed slightly wrong through the cage. it’s a lot better now. not sure if it’s totally gone, have to ride it harder in the daytime.

embarrassing mistake on the chain routing!
glad it's sorted out. Enjoy the rides!

Anyone know if there exists a 12-speed XD driver for the DT-Swiss 470 rear wheel that ships with the Creo Comp Carbon SL?

Back