Crappy riding weather took some of the fun out of Christmas.

fooferdoggie

Man this was not a good weekend for riding. I usually get off early on Christmas Eve but it was raining and 37 so thats not a fun tandem Christmas light ride. Its not fun commuting in that weather. Well yesterday I guess I had too much sugar and felt too tired to ride. It does not take much to make me feel loopy but I think it was because I didn't to have breakfast before I had that small amount of cashew brittle. But last time I piloted the tandem after too much carbs we crashed so was not going to take any chances. It snowed a bit this morning and was pretty cold. So by afternoon its nice and thawed and we were going to go to a big display lane called peacock lane about 5 miles away. But the temps down to 33 and it's supposed to start snowing. The streets are dry here but I don't know around town. It does not take much for the front to slide on the tandem. I had wanted to change the bar on the tandem. I changed it a bit ago and it was great but just a tad too short when I wear heavy gloves. It was the hump in the center of the bar would not let me move the brake levers in enough. I wanted a straight bar with no angle at all but never found one but this one has little angle. I use duct tape around the bar to thicken it a bit before I use bar tape and trying to remove that the nit is 37 degrees is almost impossible. But got everything changed over ready for the ride that just got canceled. I was going to replace the headlight that came on. The tandem. It was a great light that only lighted the ground nice and wide but it was not bright enough on places with no light and I cracked its mount it was just plastic. So I bought a lights and motion to replace it same as on my commuter. But of course I forgot all my wiring tools to splice the wires. I can only work on the bike on weekends as I don't have light to see it in the evenings.

After last nights turkey Xmas dinner.

I woke up today around 7am had a couple of coffees.

Then had breakfast. Sausage, potatoes, beans a fried egg and tomatoes.
Washed it down with pineapple - banana juice.

i went on a nice hour long ride along a local creek path.

Got home had a nap for an hour.

Watching NFL Football now.

my wife has to have shoulder replacement surgery next month and she is really minted to how much riding she can handle on the back of the tandem. so it was ride during the day or see Christmas lights this evening. we lost that gamble.

Watched the Chicago Bears beat the Seattle Seahawks in their snow filled stadium today. What the heck is happening with weather. Thought it never snowed much in Seattle,. Actually, I watched the highlights on Youtube in the evening. Spent the afternoon out on the ebike. We're setting a record here in Chicago every day for no snow on ground.

We went out on Xmas day too. Sunny and lower 50's! First, we had our family zoom meeting. Threw a fat duck in the oven. Went out for two hours, and got back just as it finished.

RC250090.JPG

it snowed a little last night but it is 30 degrees right now and it shows getting colder during the day no snow jsut colder. so it would be pointless to take my bike on the light rail to work.

Back