Constant Accelerating with 2015 Turbo X

reoutput

Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix for this problem? When I first turn on the bike it does not start accelerating but once you jump on the pedals it won't stop accelerating like when stopped at a light. Right now I just flip it into the unassisted mode at long lights or hold the brake on shorter lights.

For example, I had to jump off the bike to change the gears down and the bike almost accelerated into the car in front. That would have been awkward.

The bike has just recently started to do the constant accelerating problem with about 1k on the odometer.

Thanks for any insight into this problem in advance.

I had that happen over a year ago. I wrote a post about this under Specialized. Took it back to the dealer and they ended up replacing the entire wheel under warranty.

they are sending an accelerating wheel to you ? :)

or in the meanwhile the old wheel still has the problem?

Could the torque sensor be the problem. In cold temperatures (-10 C and below) my bike kept assisting me even when I did not pedal. According to Specialized it is related to the torque sensor materials which don't behave the same way in cold. Maybe your sensor is somehow broke.

Last edited:
The new wheel must have some weird settings that I may need to root/play around with.

I normally make it home on a 16mi route with 38% left but today made it home with 60%! still in the battery. Definitely harder and slower getting home. I'll post what I change if anything.

No constant acceleration though! :)

Assuming you are in the US, make sure the dealer fired up the diagnostic and set the top speed to 45 kph. This setting is in the battery so should be transparent to a motor change, but the battery may have recognized a new motor and reset to defaults (25 kph). If this is the case, it would explain being slower and getting more battery endurance.

Assuming you are in the US, make sure the dealer fired up the diagnostic and set the top speed to 45 kph. This setting is in the battery so should be transparent to a motor change, but the battery may have recognized a new motor and reset to defaults (25 kph). If this is the case, it would explain being slower and getting more battery endurance.
Ahh, that may be it. We didn't have the laptop with the application so I couldn't update the settings today but tomorrow for sure. Soooooo sloooooow ;)

I checked the settings and got an error 67? There is definitely something amiss as running in the turbo setting seems more like eco mode 30 or even less. The torque sensor also seems off like I have to mash on the pedals in order to get the motor to sense anything.

The manager will send an email to the area rep so we can get it fixed...hopefully.

Update...everything is A ok with the latest update! I won't actually be able to ride till later in the week to check for sure but on a quick test, everything felt right. On a side note, my display went out on the last ride and did not switch back on till the update went through. If your tech has a problem doing the update, make sure they are putting the whole SN code for the battery including the last equal sign.

The new wheel runs slower. Before, the 16 mile trip took me 45 mins with about 36% left in the tank but now it takes me 50mins with 56% left. The bike is more responsive but slower overall which makes me sad. I would average 19-22MPH but now I can't seem to break into 20 as an average via The Strava app. It could also be the three weeks I had off the bike as well that could be the reason for the slower times. I actually like the bike more now though because I can be assured that the power is all mine and not the constant accelerating wheel. I might try to see if I can tweak the torque setting to a lower setting so that it gives me more assist with less input...I know that sounds cheesy but acceleration to top speed is definitely slower. I will keep you peeps posted if and when I change any of the settings.

I'm just glad to have a great bike back and to be on the road again!

Did the battery get reset so the top speed is 45km/h? The dealer diagnostic is required for this.

Yes, the battery was reset to 45kmh. I think he maxed all the values and if I remember correctly, there is a torque sensing value as well. If I am able to change this, I'll update this thread.

No torque sensing field was to be found, it is weird that this wheel feels so different than the old one. Commutes on this wheel take about 5 minutes longer over 16 miles(50 min. VS 45min.), but I am slowly getting faster...lol.

Back