Considering buying a Turbo Creo - Questions

Some additonal comments after reading your "Gain thread":
- Even if the SL motor sound should disturb you at the beginning, you will soon get used to it. The question is more, how will your friends/other riders without a motor react, will they accept it and if not, can you stand it? But as your friends know your history and your Gain they should accept also a hearable motor.
- Reliability of the SL drive is really good (so we bought a Vado SL for my wife 8 months ago). I had several Bosch ebikes before which had to see the dealer much more often. Even my Stromer was there more times than Creo+Vado SL yet (but the Stromer is still very reliable and much better than any Bosch).
- Creo and generally Specialized is more expensive than Gain/Orbea and value for money gets worse the higher the model you choose and there are no upgrade options like Orbea offers.
- Gears: If your preference is road cycling, you should definitely take a Creo road version, which has about 2 teeth more than the Evo version. You can also change to a front chainring with even more teeth I think, there are several threads here about it. But you can't use more than one front chainring. It's a pity that the Creo still doesn't have 1x12, what would be a real upgrade and what I really prefer on my new MTB. Is there any technical reason for this?
- I should add that I ride a German/European Creo limited to 25km/h. For me normally riding alone and mostly offroad/gravel and hilly it's perfect and the range almost endless (what's a range extender???). I did some bigger gravel tours with faster riders (without motor) in 2020 and still could stay in the group in the faster road parts over 25km/h. But these parts were usually only a few minutes/miles, I guess hours like this would have been different with my 25km/h limit.

- Gears: If your preference is road cycling, you should definitely take a Creo road version, which has about 2 teeth more than the Evo version. You can also change to a front chainring with even more teeth I think, there are several threads here about it. But you can't use more than one front chainring. It's a pity that the Creo still doesn't have 1x12, what would be a real upgrade and what I really prefer on my new MTB. Is there any technical reason for this?

the s-works model actually does currently come with SRAM eagle 1x12. 46t up front and 10-50 in the back. much bigger range than the shimano versions!

Thank you, yes, I found it yesterday on the Speci Website. Strange that there's still a Shimano S-Works version. Didn't someone here mention that he ordered a 2022 Creo Expert also with 1x12 eTap? But I don't see any Creo on the (german) Website with 1x12 apart from the S-Works SRAM.
And who buys 1x11 on a $7000-9000 ebike? In 2019 and 2020 this was ok, but in 2022?? Mechanical 1x12 should be the miminum from Creo Comp Carbon, better from E5 on. If you leave out 10 teeth and the more expenisve XD driver and take the normal Shimano HG driver, this is already cheap/not much more than 1x11.

Thank you, yes, I found it yesterday on the Speci Website. Strange that there's still a Shimano S-Works version. Didn't someone here mention that he ordered a 2022 Creo Expert also with 1x12 eTap? But I don't see any Creo on the (german) Website with 1x12 apart from the S-Works SRAM.
And who buys 1x11 on a $7000-9000 ebike? In 2019 and 2020 this was ok, but in 2022?? Mechanical 1x12 should be the miminum from Creo Comp Carbon, better from E5 on. If you leave out 10 teeth and the more expenisve XD driver and take the normal Shimano HG driver, this is already cheap/not much more than 1x11.
the shimano s-works is the 2020 model. SRAM is the 2021. who knows what 2022 will be!

someday i’ll probably swap the groupset of my creo, most all else has been upgraded. don’t love the SRAM approach though and shimano doesn’t offer an appropriate 1x12!

the shimano s-works is the 2020 model. SRAM is the 2021. who knows what 2022 will be!

someday i’ll probably swap the groupset of my creo, most all else has been upgraded. don’t love the SRAM approach though and shimano doesn’t offer an appropriate 1x12!
Shimano R8100 Di2 Ultegra is 1x12 with wireless shifting, but still a wire to the derailleurs. The issue is availability at the moment.

I could see my upgrading to that a couple years down the road when it become more commonly available.

Shimano R8100 Di2 Ultegra is 1x12 with wireless shifting, but still a wire to the derailleurs. The issue is availability at the moment.

I could see my upgrading to that a couple years down the road when it become more commonly available.
OHHH i missed that there was a 1x ultegra. that’s perfect. i like the wired-less setup.

I was riding today with big fat 42s on the Creo and it was still pretty easy to push 25mph on the flats alone, so in a group you will be doing just fine! Averaging somewhere around 160 to 200w to keep a steady 20-25 mph.

Back