Considering a used ATOM Lynx 4.8 27.5 Pro. Quality?

Mr_Reality

I am considering a used 2017 ATOM Lynx 4.8 27.5 Pro. The bike appears to be in excellent condition with just a couple hundred miles. How do these bikes compare to specialized for quality? Seems like the components are very similar and use similar motors. The bike is a fraction of the cost of a new specialized. We don't have any local dealers with these bikes so can't find any first hand knowledge. Thanks for your help.

I am considering a used 2017 ATOM Lynx 4.8 27.5 Pro. The bike appears to be in excellent condition with just a couple hundred miles. How do these bikes compare to specialized for quality? Seems like the components are very similar and use similar motors. The bike is a fraction of the cost of a new specialized. We don't have any local dealers with these bikes so can't find any first hand knowledge. Thanks for your help.
Specialized is just mostly crappy ebikes (except their turbo levo high end e mtb bikes) with the name only. If you want to buy dealer problems and motor problems that’s the go to place.
If you look in the forums there are many threads of constant issues with their motors and battery packs falling from their designated place.
I own a 2019 BH Nitro city , the warranty is flawless and i can ride @30mph with a 600wh for 1/3 of the price of a Stomer St2.
The 2018 Lynx has the 720wh battery pack, i would try to get that one if I were you.

That's a very nice bike, and a good manufacturer, of course. I am not familiar with the bike, but I like that Brose motor. Easy Motion was one of the first to employ it, and with it, was able to follow the BH design principle of building the battery into the frame and going for the "regular" bike look -whatever that reality is to each of us ;), Mr_Reality. And with Brose, BH wasn't limited to a 1-by drive system. A used e-bike purchase is a great move, especially because new e-bikes do tend to be overpriced, often excessively so. But, limited choice can be a barrier, and it's important that you get one that is your size and a good fit for you. My price gauge is not against other bikes or new models, but to its original list price, and there my guideline or actual limit is 50 percent of original, and that is for like-new-condition frame and components -which you have established. Ride it patiently, making sure it's feeling natural to your frame and mechanics and making you smile.

Back