Connection Device on the handlebar of Turbo Vado SL EQ?

yeah, i was comparing my 228g iphone 12 pro max.

more typical garmins only weigh 75g, the entire range is 33-124g. i’ve been very happy with quad lock but i’d love to try out a more integrated bar mount, which are mostly garmin compatible it seems?
I'm not sure how many options there are for the brackets. It seems depending on cockpit STUFF, a range of brackets are needed from straight ahead to curve off right and curve off left. My raised stem altered the space and left/right availability of space.

i’ve been very happy with quad lock but i’d love to try out a more integrated bar mount, which are mostly garmin compatible it seems?
From what I can tell Quad Lock wants you to use the proprietary interface for everything, whereas Rec-Mount makes an adapter for everything it seems. They don’t push their “R” mount exclusively. As an example I bought an adapter for my Varia Radar (Garmin interface) that couples to a CatEye rack or seat bracket, etc etc. , and the couplers are interchangeable. Sadly I don’t think they sell much outside of Japan.

An example of their level of specific adapters:
0244F8C5-B58F-42ED-AEC3-1F187DA545A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I use a Spigen Gearlock MF-100 phone mount that is a direct competitor to Quadlock. Actually, three Gearlocks on different e-bikes. No issue even with the oldest of them, which I bought in September 2019. The deficiency of the Spigen is the adapter, which is glued to the smartphone case with a 3M tape (the same with Quadlock if there's no dedicated case). I needed to use Plastic Weld glue to ensure the durability.

Now, Quadlock works on the identical principle. Given the dedicated iPhone case, that solution has to be rock solid.

If I had the idea to put my Samsung S21 Ultra on the bars, that would be Quadlock with the dedicated case.

From what I can tell Quad Lock wants you to use the proprietary interface for everything, whereas Rec-Mount makes an adapter for everything it seems. They don’t push their “R” mount exclusively. As an example I bought an adapter for my Varia Radar (Garmin interface) that couples to a CatEye rack or seat bracket, etc etc. , and the couplers are interchangeable. Sadly I don’t think they sell much outside of Japan.

An example of their level of specific adapters:
View attachment 97420
Seems some of their stuff is on Amazon

Back