Connecting Vado 5.0 with Garmin

KAM2005

Hi,

Is it possible to connect the Vado 5.0 with Garmin watches or Garmin cycle computers like Edge 530. E.g., get the speed or power data from the bike into the Garmin?

Thank you.

Yes, I use the VivoActive 4 with my Vado. Lots of data. At the moment none of it is working on the Garmin side as they are in the middle of a ransomware attack.

Thank you. I have a Vivoactive 4 as well. How did you connect the 2 and how are you actually using it?

Regards,

I’m connecting the watch to strava, then setup biking on the watch. Strava has whatever you name your bike, ‘Vado’, if you use the same name ‘Vado’ on the watch Strava combines all the data regardless of source..meaning either from the watch or from the specialized app. The watch offers a lot more details with heart rate, breathing, calories burned, oxygen levels and such. I’m trying to decide how meaningful all this data is to a casual rider like myself. Over time you can see the improvements in the data as you get stronger.

I do see other Garmin riders have named segments in areas I ride and seeing ranked times can be motivating to race up hills or ‘around the lake’. I believe these segments are Strava named routes or ‘segments’. The definition of a segment can be almost anything.

Hi,

Is it possible to connect the Vado 5.0 with Garmin watches or Garmin cycle computers like Edge 530. E.g., get the speed or power data from the bike into the Garmin?

Thank you.

Are you trying to get the BLE data from the bike computer onto the display of the watch/computer? I think I've done that with the power-meter of the Vado 4.0 onto my Garmin Fenix 3. Just turn the bike on and then search for Bluetooth sensors, and there it was...

Back