Como 3.0 not giving enough push...compared to others

There is yet another possibility. Your husband's bike might be mistakenly restricted to the European 15.5 mph. Only the LBS can fix it.

Yet Another Possibility is that the smaller battery in your husbands bike has been recharged more than yours and his battery is getting weak ...

It's the chain ring that is different between the Como 2 & 3. The chain ring is the large gear where the pedals are mounted. Changing the chain ring on the Como 3 48t (tooth) to be the same as the Como 2 40t chain ring will help with climbing but will reduce the top speed as the gear ratio has changed.

As to the "top speed of 20mph"; both the Como 2 & 3 bikes are Class 1 electric bikes. By law they limit their motor electric assist to no more than 20mph. You can ride faster, but the motor won't be helping above 20mph. With their larger chain ring the Como 3 bikes can get above 20mph more easily than the Como 2 with its smaller chain ring.
Older Como 3.0s are Class 3 bikes...

The 'from the factory' setting on my Como 3.0 (Class 1) is 35/100, 75/100, and 100/100. When I first put the TDW on my old 2018 Como 2.0 (frame broke at motor mount), it was set at 35/35, 75/75, and 100/100.

Aren't the Specialized Bikes all cadence driven ? If I am understanding correctly . I could have a Vado or Como 5 : If I have a Lower Pedal cadence I will never get all I can get out of my motor . IS THAT CORRECT?

It's the chain ring that is different between the Como 2 & 3. The chain ring is the large gear where the pedals are mounted. Changing the chain ring on the Como 3 48t (tooth) to be the same as the Como 2 40t chain ring will help with climbing but will reduce the top speed as the gear ratio has changed.

As to the "top speed of 20mph"; both the Como 2 & 3 bikes are Class 1 electric bikes. By law they limit their motor electric assist to no more than 20mph. You can ride faster, but the motor won't be helping above 20mph. With their larger chain ring the Como 3 bikes can get above 20mph more easily than the Como 2 with its smaller chain ring.

my Como 3.0 is a class three, 28 mph bike. I also changed the chain ring to a 52T as there are no hills where I live. Cruising in the mid 20’s is a breeze and topping 28 is no problem.

my Como 3.0 is a class three, 28 mph bike. I also changed the chain ring to a 52T as there are no hills where I live. Cruising in the mid 20’s is a breeze and topping 28 is no problem.
Am I correct though in Assuming if I can't pedal fast enough > All the assistance in the world won't get me to top speeds or supply torque . If I can't produce the pedal cadence myself?

Aren't the Specialized Bikes all cadence driven ? If I am understanding correctly . I could have a Vado or Como 5 : If I have a Lower Pedal cadence I will never get all I can get out of my motor . IS THAT CORRECT?
The Specialized ebikes use torque sensing to activate the motor assist. With that said, the motor torque is cadence sensitive due to the motor designs. The Como/Vado bikes provide peak torque at ~60rpm.

The Como 3 was changed to a Class 1 with the 2020 model year. The motor was also changed to 1.2e lower torque version.

Am I correct though in Assuming if I can't pedal fast enough > All the assistance in the world won't get me to top speeds or supply torque . If I can't produce the pedal cadence myself?
Technically correct, you won't get peak motor torque until ~60rpm. Top speeds would be reached when the motor power peaks which is closer to 90rpm. It's also dependent on rider power as the system is designed to amplify your effort.

The motors will provide torque at near zero cadence, just not peak torque. So from a dead stop with Turbo assist and standing on a pedal you'll get a nice boost up a sloping trail.

Back