Cold weather

ThompsonRH

Region
Canada
Just took my Rize RX 2021 out in Montréal in -12c (-20 with the wind) every thing seemed to work well until I got the a junction and had to stop. I had to apply a lot of torque to get going again. I thought for a while it had switched off the motor assist but it did eventually fire up after about 15 secs. But it was a similar problem at each stop. Anyone else had this problem in cold conditions?

Just took my Rize RX 2021 out in Montréal in -12c (-20 with the wind) every thing seemed to work well until I got the a junction and had to stop. I had to apply a lot of torque to get going again. I thought for a while it had switched off the motor assist but it did eventually fire up after about 15 secs. But it was a similar problem at each stop. Anyone else had this problem in cold conditions?
Hello! I am in Michigan. Our winter has been very mild so far. Coldest day ridden in December was 15 degrees F (-9C). I rode19 miles that day. When the ride was over, the statistics were; Remaining battery distance was 27 miles with 46% battery remaining. I have not had any issues with motor refusing to operate as you have described.

Comparing average summer range to winter range I have seen a 20% decrease in December. Also, I do not bring my battery indoors. However, if temperatures get to the teens I most likely will bring the battery indoors to charge.

I am certainly not an expert, but it would seem that something is not working properly in your system to cause this. I doubt it would be the battery.

Back