Coast Cycles Buzzraw X750 keeps cutting out

20inchbeast

Region
Europe
Good morning all,
My first actual post/issue on this forum after having 'lurked around' for a while.

It just so happens to be I have been running into some issues with my Coast Cycles Buzzraw X750.
I have had my stock Tektro (mechanical) brakes replaced for a set of Magura MT5E . Awesome brakes, however, the bike store had to ditch the brake sensors because with them, for some reason the bike wouldn't work. After the removal of the brake sensors I've been running into some issue, I didn't run in to prior, of which I'm not sure if they can be traced back to this.

As soon as I power on my bike, set the PAS and actually take off and hit the throttle, the bike shuts down.
Battery is fully charged, yet it will display a blinking battery as if it had died. Nothing will work, aside from the display.
It seems to be happening right when I want to use the throttle. In some cases the pedal assist will not assist me either.

This is my first electrical bike, been riding BMX and Fixed Gear bikes all my life, which are a lot easier to maintain as both bikes had no cables/brakes/electrical parts 😅
Does this issue maybe sound familiar how I have just explained it? And if so which steps should I try to take to resolve this.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

I doubt seriously that the brake switches have anything to do with it. Because of the heavy amp loads when applying throttle, my focus would be on the wiring connections, especially the one right at the battery. If there's ANY sign of corrosion or arcing (black stains) that could easily be the issue and will need attention ASAP.

At the cheaper end of the market, many batteries have internal bad welds that can be broken by drawing more than 3 amps (hills) or hitting a pothole or speed bump. I bought two of those piles of garbage from Amazon & Ebay before I got a good battery from lunabikes.com . Luna battery is now going on 4 years old, works fine.
Suspect a "coast cycles" bike doesn't exactly cost as much as a Bosch or Shimano equipped bike. There is no brand forum for it here to report problems. Suggest you check "known problems and solutions" thread under brand forum for any brand you purchase in the future. If not on this site, on a UK or German ebike site with more knowledge of European products.

Last edited:
Back