Clipless pedals on Explore E+ 1

Acadiandad

Curious if anyone has put clipless pedals on their Explore E+ bike ? I’ve got an E+1 GTS and while I can just crank the assist and enjoy the ride, when I do want to do a little more myself, wondering if clipless pedals would be better.

Curious if anyone has put clipless pedals on their Explore E+ bike ? I’ve got an E+1 GTS and while I can just crank the assist and enjoy the ride, when I do want to do a little more myself, wondering if clipless pedals would be better.
I use what are sometimes called 'campus'pedals on my ebike; clipless on o e side and flat on the 2nd. I use the flat side around town and the clipless for longer rides. I believe they're Shimano EH500.

I have the same pedals as Sierratim mentioned on both my carbon road bikes, but not on my ebike.
Foot placement on the pedals is important on a road bike, but not so much on an ebike. I had a set of clipless pedals on my ebike for a while, but took them off.

I really like the fact that I can use any type of shoe I want on my ebike, from sandals, to running shoes, to light hiking boots. Everything works. Try that with clipless pedals. ;)

Clipless pedals will add the same mechanical advantage to your ebike as they do on an analog bike. Totally makes sense if you ride for fitness. I use Crank Brothers, but its your preference.

I have the same pedals as Sierratim mentioned on both my carbon road bikes, but not on my ebike.
Foot placement on the pedals is important on a road bike, but not so much on an ebike. I had a set of clipless pedals on my ebike for a while, but took them off.

I really like the fact that I can use any type of shoe I want on my ebike, from sandals, to running shoes, to light hiking boots. Everything works. Try that with clipless pedals. ;)
I do enjoy a quick ride into town in my (closed toed) sandals, esp in the Summer! I also like the same accurate foot placement I enjoy on my mech bike for 30+ mile rides on my ebike.

I put XT Trail SPDs on my QuickE+. Ran flats for a while but I like being clipped when jumping kerbs and always having correct foot placement means my heels don’t hit the stand/stays.
The EH500 would be a good compromise commuter pedal.

Back