Clicking noise from the rear wheel when peddling.

SteveT17

Hi All.

I am posting this here in response from to a question relating to this problen on the facebook group. This was experience and hopefully this information helps someone who has the same problem.

Bike: Juiced Cross Current S
Purchased: August 2018

Problem:

A clicking noise coming from the rear wheel when peddling. When I stop peddling or pedal backwards it goes away.

I want to start by saying @Juiced Support were fantastic. We exchanged some emails and they stood by their product and sent me a complete rear wheel and motor at zero cost. Since I am in Argentina this ended up costing me US$ 290 for the freight, insurance and import taxes, which are very high for this type of product. @JuicedBikes gave me great service and this gives me major peace of mind, since I am in Argentina.

What I did:

I took my bike to a local bike shop to make sure the noise was not coming from the cranks.
They checked the spokes
They checked the gears and all other parts that we thought the noise could be originating from

We agreed and concluded that the clicking noise must be originating from inside the motor.

This is when juiced stepped up and sent me the new wheel .... Thank you Juiced Bikes.

What caused the noise:

There are very, very few places that service electri bikes in Buenos Aires, (that I am aware of). I was fortunate enough to come accross a place called Moveteverde in Capital Federal. The owner asked me to leave the bike with him and a few hours later he said he thinks he had resolved the problem.

He checked the engine and replaced 2 bearing as in the pictures, below. They appeareed to be rusted. I do ride in the rain but the motor has never been submerged in water. Since then it feels like I am riding on air and the noise has gone.

I hope that the information helps.

Greetings from Argentina.

Attachments

• Movete0.jpg
    Movete0.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 809
  • Movete2.jpg
    Movete2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 842
  • Movete3.jpg
    Movete3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 823
  • Movte1.jpg
    Movte1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 919
Steve - interesting report. Thank you.

So you didn't send back the old motor? Now that it's repaired do you have two motors? Seems like that would be a nice backup since shipping to Argentina is so expensive from the US.

Also, are those bearings? I'm not a mechanic but they look more like washers to me. And they are very rusted. Seems very strange that they could rust like that in a few months. I don't ride in rain but to me those look like something that were probably rusting since they were installed.

Some of the forum members with tons of bike and motor experience might be able to shed some light on this for people like me.

Hi @SirJonathan .

They never asked me to send the motor back, after I offered to send them video footage. I believe that the cost of sending it back outweigh the benefits to them. To be clear I asked them whether I should have the motor taken apart and report back before they went to the expense of sending a new one, to which they declined.

It was the bearnings and the washer is the outer part of that, I assume, (I am not mechcanically enclined). Reading a post on the facebook page, I believe they received a batch of sub par parts which I think is the problem. It is not too common and I hope that the post helps Juiced and anyone who experiences similar problems.

I am afraid I cannot shed any more light on this and hope but hope that the Facebook page post referring to the bad batch, (Matt It's a faulty bearing in the hub, Juiced got a bad batch of motors from Bafang sometime last year. My CCS had it too. ), is correct.

Greetings from Buenos Aires

Several of us who bought our bikes at about the same time had a similar problem, all corrected with replacement of the rear wheel/motor assembly. Yours is the first time I've seen a solution posted, further proof of what a wonderful city you live in.

Several of us who bought our bikes at about the same time had a similar problem, all corrected with replacement of the rear wheel/motor assembly. Yours is the first time I've seen a solution posted, further proof of what a wonderful city you live in.

Thank you!!!

I hope this rings true for others and that the Juiced Bikes owners and Juiced bikes are able to use this information to improve and save on costs, going forward.

Greetings from Buenos Aires

Back