Class 3 ebike for hilly city

Check out the Fat tire Ebike that has a 2 Wheel drive/All wheel drive (2x 750W), meaning a motor in front and motor in back that is pushing both wheels with independant power which I think would conquer any type of hill...and the fat tires would be great for going over any potholes or curbs.

The Ariel Rider - D-Class Dual-Motored Scrambler Ebike which is a decent chunk of change at $2400.

Ive seen videos of this thing going up to 33mph on throttle only...what a beast! One of the obvious setbacks with this setup is that its going to be way heavier than a single motor setup, but again with the dual motors the torque on the thing does burnouts on asphalt...I dont think I have seen any other ebike that does that besides it being a e-Motorbike.

Last edited:
Have you considered a Juiced Scorpion? The advantage of the moped style is in the full suspension. Both the Scopion and faster Hyper Scorpion can be locked in the class 3 mode.

As already mentioned you should check your state laws. In some states class 3 bikes are allowed on bike paths. Florida's law stating just that became effective 1 July for example.

I might have missed it, but one thing that you want to consider is you familiarity with bike maintenance, etc. Several of the bikes referenced here are mail-order bikes which will have limited local support. If you don't want to troubleshoot problems yourself, you might be better off buying from an LBS.

Agree a must have
I might have missed it, but one thing that you want to consider is you familiarity with bike maintenance, etc. Several of the bikes referenced here are mail-order bikes which will have limited local support. If you don't want to troubleshoot problems yourself, you might be better off buying from an LBS.

Agree a must have
Dr V. You bring up a good point. As a clinical eng. I feel I can handle most electrical and mechanical issues however the question then becomes do I want to. that is a very good point to consider as well and the quality of the LBS. Thank you for the insight

Yes, as many other e-bikers on this and other forums who have converted a bike would probably agree, if I had to do it all over again I'd buy one (which I did when we got my wife's!!). I CAN work on bikes, but am happy letting others do it.

Back