Class 3 commuter, 30 miles, fairly flat

Got her put together last night and went for a spin (it was wet - it'd stopped raining but the roads were still quite damp, late, and I'd had a few drinks so didn't go far - maybe a 2 mile loop).

Holy crap, what a rush! I didn't play with each assist mode that much, but level 2 seemed like a good fit. I can see making it to work with no sweat if I ride there in S mode, and getting a decent sweat on the way home in level 1 or 2 (and sometimes eco). I'll play more tonight, get the brakes bedded in properly and everything tuned up just so.

Overall build quality/ QC seems very good.

* Packaging is stellar. Lots of styrofoam, handlebar attached. All you have to do to ride is put on pedals and the front wheel - front fender is a PITA to put on (see below) but most fenders are, and some won't use fenders.
* Pedals are actually decent. Welgo metal pedals with tread - I'd expected cheap binnable plastic pedals, this was a pleasant surprise.
* Kickstand is nice, and in a good spot.
* Rear fender was installed/ aligned correctly.
* Front fender was a PITA to put on. It looks like the bolt on the light is supposed to hold the nut while you unscrew the (preinstalled) light, and while you reinstall the light with the fender attached. The tabs to do so weren't, so I had to remove the light from the bracket. Juiced might wanna consider tack welding this bolt to the bracket, or some other securement method.
* Light is good for "be seen", not so much for "see". This is fine, I've got super bright lights.
* Rear wheel build is good, runs true and spoke tension is fairly consistent.
* Front wheel build leaves something to be desired. Not all that true, and spoke tension is inconsistent. I'll throw the bike on the stand tonight and address this.
* Drivetrain tuning is abysmal. This may be shipping related. I'll deal with this while the bike is on the stand.
* Battery is a pain to get in/out, but I don't plan on removing it often.
* Tail light choice could be better. It's a pain to remove the light to activate/change batteries and it only has 2 modes. If this was wired in to the headlight circuit and came on when the headlight does, it'd be better. This will get replaced. Again, I'm covered in the light department (though I don't have a rack mount light). A cycliq Fly 6 is probably replacing it, I haven't decided yet.
* Bell is a nice touch.
* With the wet roads, fenders did a good job of keeping me and the bike dry at speed.

Overall, my initial impressions are very good. I'll do some tweaks here and there, but out of the box it's a pretty good build and a great value.

"* Battery is a pain to get in/out, but I don't plan on removing it often."

Then Juiced has done something different with the battery connection. Mine is very simple to remove. Unlock using the key and simply pull towards you and it's out. It's something I've never even really thought about so I bet they made some design changes in the two months since I received my CCX.

My drivetrain was fine. Wheels were true. Yep, front fender sucked to get on. Mine rubbed occasionally in spite of bending the attachment wires and readjusting numerous times. I actually removed both front and rear fenders last week and that was a one hour project. I think the bike looks better without them but they are functional and if you ride in mud or rain then they are a must. I don't.

Assist 3 seems to be my sweet spot. Fast enough to do 20mph+ without much effort and the battery lasts forever at that assist level. S and R are fun but not worth the battery penalty to me. Eco is what I use to get out of my neighborhood and that's about it.

Please keep your thoughts coming on this site as you ride more. It's appreciated by all of us that have Juiced bikes or are thinking about purchasing one.

"* Battery is a pain to get in/out, but I don't plan on removing it often."

Then Juiced has done something different with the battery connection. Mine is very simple to remove. Unlock using the key and simply pull towards you and it's out. It's something I've never even really thought about so I bet they made some design changes in the two months since I received my CCX.

My drivetrain was fine. Wheels were true. Yep, front fender sucked to get on. Mine rubbed occasionally in spite of bending the attachment wires and readjusting numerous times. I actually removed both front and rear fenders last week and that was a one hour project. I think the bike looks better without them but they are functional and if you ride in mud or rain then they are a must. I don't.

Assist 3 seems to be my sweet spot. Fast enough to do 20mph+ without much effort and the battery lasts forever at that assist level. S and R are fun but not worth the battery penalty to me. Eco is what I use to get out of my neighborhood and that's about it.

Please keep your thoughts coming on this site as you ride more. It's appreciated by all of us that have Juiced bikes or are thinking about purchasing one.
I poorly phrased the battery comment - It's easy to get out, but a pain to get in. Might be a learning curve thing, but I had to get the bottom aligned properly and then give a solid thwack to get it seated up top. I know some of the original CCX's had connection issues, so this may be part of the fix.

After my first commute (which should be this week) I'll post a new thread, and regularly update it with tweaks/ maintenance/ problems/ general thoughts. I have the potential to be putting ~1000 miles/month on this once it becomes habit (again) to get to work on a bike, and I'm a big dude that grew up on full rigid mountain bikes, so the mileage logs should be fairly impressive.

I poorly phrased the battery comment - It's easy to get out, but a pain to get in. Might be a learning curve thing, but I had to get the bottom aligned properly and then give a solid thwack to get it seated up top. I know some of the original CCX's had connection issues, so this may be part of the fix.

After my first commute (which should be this week) I'll post a new thread, and regularly update it with tweaks/ maintenance/ problems/ general thoughts. I have the potential to be putting ~1000 miles/month on this once it becomes habit (again) to get to work on a bike, and I'm a big dude that grew up on full rigid mountain bikes, so the mileage logs should be fairly impressive.

Photos of your ride and the best view on your commute. Please and Enjoy

Photos of your ride and the best view on your commute. Please and Enjoy
I will!

It’ll be about 2 weeks before my first commute (doctors orders, got snipped) but that gives me some time to get things set up. Got a killer deal on red ortleib panniers and Cycliq front and rear cameras/ lights. Mirracycle, too. Also picked up a brooks cambium, not a huge fan of the gel stock seat.

I’ll take some pics of the bike later today when I have setup “complete”. In the meantime, I’ve put up a pic of my old commuter stopped at my favorite part of the commute. (Rose garden is beyond FOV). The bridge is close to half way through the commute.

Will drop the front wheel off at my local bike shop (delivered out of true, Juiced is reimbursing me for the true up) and have a truing stand on the way for maintenance/ wheel builds for my other bikes.

Attachments

• FEE6656F-28A9-45E0-9E2A-2ABE7B5AA726.jpeg
    FEE6656F-28A9-45E0-9E2A-2ABE7B5AA726.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 415
Here is a FULL suspension folding fat tire ebike (in 5 colors) on indiegogo that is currently shipping to the early people who ordered it (and they have raised about 12,000 orders with $16 million pledged; BTW this is the most successful indiegogo ebike in their history) with up to 50mile range and speeds up to 30mph for $1199+$200 shipping (till end of February) and some nice options. If you want hydraulic brakes instead of mechanical ones is +$129; if you want longer range battery is +$99 for 17.5Ahr instead of the standard 14Ah; if you want fenders is +$49; if you want rear rack with built-in integrated brake light is +$149
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mate-x-most-affordable-fully-loaded-folding-ebike/x/11872634#/
MATE X - 750S
MATE X 750+ EARLY BIRD -Save 59% ($1400 off MSRP/retail) as early adopter! Our top performer and the ultiMATE MATE. Massive power, torque and acceleration. Thumb throttle for fully auto cruising. 750W motor, 48V 14Ah battery (incl. speed charger). Whopping 672 Watt hours for up to 50 mi/80 km range and speeds up to 30 mph/48 km/h. Available in 5 colours
  • High speed charger
  • 48V 14Ah Upgraded battery
  • VIP membership to online store
  • 2 Years International Warranty
  • 8-Speed Shimano Gear
  • Puncture resistant tires
  • 750W High performance motor
  • Computer Dashboard
  • Full Shock Suspension
  • MATE X 750S
Estimated Delivery
May 2019
6141d3_c29d08e700644c91a5f6c156ccd36d8b~mv2.gif

Last edited:
Front fender is garbage and I have a bit of range anxiety after my 32 mile range test ride (assist was way lower at the end) but she did pretty well all told. Accidentally grabbed a bunch of KOMs (Strava) when it didn’t update to an Ebike ride. Fixed that, as I personally know many of the legitimate KOMs.

Had it in assist level 2 for most of the ride, though near home I turned it up just for giggles.

I think she’ll do fine for the commute

32C7C736-5AB2-4D37-BE85-7B86054182BD.jpegBBCD6AF2-A09D-4680-8B21-824A1DDA1B9B.jpeg48605726-8AED-472C-9756-72B48E1F23E5.jpeg6422E5BF-2BE3-44C8-8C1F-EAB743ECB3A7.png5EBB5734-26B9-40A2-9AA6-50F3E4FDAE30.jpeg77AB2D41-A8C7-441E-BA5C-C2A27D4C07F6.png

Front fender is garbage and I have a bit of range anxiety after my 32 mile range test ride (assist was way lower at the end) but she did pretty well all told. Accidentally grabbed a bunch of KOMs (Strava) when it didn’t update to an Ebike ride. Fixed that, as I personally know many of the legitimate KOMs.

Had it in assist level 2 for most of the ride, though near home I turned it up just for giggles.

I think she’ll do fine for the commute

View attachment 30576View attachment 30577View attachment 30578View attachment 30579View attachment 30580View attachment 30581

Yes, and you will do fine as well. The more in-shape you get. The more range the bike will get =D Sweet looking ride.

Back