Charging iPhone

Catch

Region
Europe
I'm pretty much satisfied with my Turbo tero 5.0 but it's impossible to charge a iPhone through Mastermind even when it's shown in the Mastermind ad.
When I put in the cable it connects showing a green light but after a couple of seconds the connection is lost.
It would have been so cool if this was possible but it's not therfore I'm surprised Specialized show and say it's working.

Attachments

• 80EDB908-1CF9-45BE-90DC-F16035B96E61.jpeg
    80EDB908-1CF9-45BE-90DC-F16035B96E61.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Per the user manual the port provides up to 1A charging current.

Some iphones are fine with 1 amp, some iphones require more. So the ad isn't incorrect, technically, but it is potentially misleading.

IMHO the port really should provide up to 2.4A given today's phones.

Yes misleading is probably the right word but it's 2022 so when specialized is launching "old" technology I'm very disappointed especially since the software in the motor is so good and up to date.

Yes misleading is probably the right word but it's 2022 so when specialized is launching "old" technology I'm very disappointed especially since the software in the motor is so good and up to date.
It can charge iPhone 8 and older, nothing newer. Same with any well-featured Android made in the last 3-4 years. Someone at Specialized blew it on the design side and apparently Marketing doesn’t talk to product design.

I bought a small handlebar bag and put an inexpensive (Anker brand from Amazon) power pack about the size of a deck of cards in the bag that keeps my phone fully charged for about 10 hours before I have to recharge it. This design flaw is the only thing I don’t like about my Tero 5.0. Hoping Specialized will acknowledge their mistake and are able to correct with a software update, but 9 months in for me, I have lost hope.

It can charge iPhone 8 and older, nothing newer. Same with any well-featured Android made in the last 3-4 years. Someone at Specialized blew it on the design side and apparently Marketing doesn’t talk to product design.

I bought a small handlebar bag and put an inexpensive (Anker brand from Amazon) power pack about the size of a deck of cards in the bag that keeps my phone fully charged for about 10 hours before I have to recharge it. This design flaw is the only thing I don’t like about my Tero 5.0. Hoping Specialized will acknowledge their mistake and are able to correct with a software update, but 9 months in for me, I have lost hope.
I don't think a software update will fix it.
I have a Specialized Flux 1250 front light so maybe I can connect it to Mastermind I just have to buy the correct cable

Attachments

• 6E49870D-FD84-49DC-B7D5-223F1F27A0FF.jpeg
    6E49870D-FD84-49DC-B7D5-223F1F27A0FF.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 107
Back