Charging Di2 battery?

MinnBobber

Can you charge the Di2 battery from the front running light connector?
Can you power an I-phone from that connector?
Thanks

I very much doubt you can charge anything from it. what would happen if you drain that battery and cant shift?

I very much doubt you can charge anything from it. what would happen if you drain that battery and cant shift?
??
I am asking about using the front running light connector, picture attached, to charge the tiny Di2 battery….the battery that powers the shifter.

Can you charge it direct??

Attachments

• 05D1BAB5-E44A-4598-AC3A-103B6822AADA.jpeg
    05D1BAB5-E44A-4598-AC3A-103B6822AADA.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 256
Yes. You can charge the DI2 battery by connecting the Shimano interface cable directly to the flappy USB port on the front of the bike.

Can you charge the Di2 battery from the front running light connector?
Can you power an I-phone from that connector?
Thanks

Yes you can, for both. That's how I charge my di2.

May be you should leave some answers to owners who have experience on these bikes.
Not only Di2 battery goes for around 6 months for each full charge there is also a battery indicator light on the di2 junction check di2 charge level on the junction. It is not hard to check the charge level every 3-4 months and prevent it from draining completely.

May be you should leave some answers to owners who have experience on these bikes.
Not only Di2 battery goes for around 6 months for each full charge there is also a battery indicator light on the di2 junction check di2 charge level on the junction. It is not hard to check the charge level every 3-4 months and prevent it from draining completely.
I misread and thought he wanted to charge his phone from the DI2 battery so calm your jets.

So, because the Di2 battery last so long, I totally forgot about charging it...
I was 45 miles in on an 80 miles ride when the battery died... I was stuck on 7th speed... It really sucked limping home on a single speed.

Yes, I'm aware on how to check battery level at the junction.
I think I'm going to add a display...

Back