Charging camera via bike battery

Silvercat

Hi,
Curious if anyone has charged a camera via the bike battery USB port. My Moscow Plus, like many bikes, has a USB port near the top of the battery housing. Can a Go Pro be charged using that USB port? And, will much battery drain occur?
Thanks!!

I can't speak for the NCM but the USB port on my Pedego display charges my GoPro8 batteries. I have seen no noticeable loss of range when doing so since the GoPro batteries are so small.

I also power the GoPro directly from the bike battery with a USB cable and skip changing batteries. You need an aftermarket battery door with a port access opening for the GoPro
to do this.

51DtB1GravL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Hi,
Curious if anyone has charged a camera via the bike battery USB port. My Moscow Plus, like many bikes, has a USB port near the top of the battery housing. Can a Go Pro be charged using that USB port? And, will much battery drain occur?
Thanks!!
Thank you for your reply...most appreciated! You mentioned that an aftermarket battery door is needed re charging while riding. Forgive my ignorance, as I have yet to open my Go Pro 7, but is it not possible to connect the USB cable from the camera’s USB port to the battery USB port? I thought I would be able to connect the USB cable without removing the battery door.
Thanks!

We found some USB ports put out more power than safe for charging devices. As a result, stopped selling batteries with USB ports. USB power meters are cheap. It’s a good idea to confirm your port out is at a safe level. I buy or put together small power banks for charging and extending battery life of device.

Thank you for your reply...most appreciated! You mentioned that an aftermarket battery door is needed re charging while riding. Forgive my ignorance, as I have yet to open my Go Pro 7, but is it not possible to connect the USB cable from the camera’s USB port to the battery USB port? I thought I would be able to connect the USB cable without removing the battery door.
Thanks!
The link I provided above is for a battery door with an opening that lest you connect the camera's USB charging cable. You can use it to charge and or power the camera with the battery installed or removed. Unfortunately, it only fits the GoPro8. I'm not sure if one is available for the GoPro7.

Back