Chargers

hellsdragon

I'm look for a good charger one that is better then the on that came with my bike is there better out there I got a 72 volt bike

Grin Technologies sell the best one I know of although I'm sure there are others.

Grin is excellent charger at $300. Luna makes a good one under $100. Chargers on Alibaba are usually good buys.

I hear that cheap Chinese chargers work great... until they ignite in flames when you’re not looking.

I got one from Luna that is working very well for me. Someone else on the forum had trouble with one, but mine's been doing great for 5 or 6 months now. I really like the ability to set the charge rate at 1 to 5 amps. Mine is a 48v charger but they have them for all voltages.

TT

I hear that cheap Chinese chargers work great... until they ignite in flames when you’re not looking.
I've never heard of a Chinese charger catching fire. I've read about a lot of them quitting though. I've had two Chinese chargers for almost 3 years, no issues.

Apologies- I might have been unduly critical of the quality of inexpensive Chinese electrical components. But I’m pretty sure I’ve read a number of posts about battery pack fires, which blamed cheap batteries (and maybe cheap chargers or BMS boards) and poor quality control.

Am I too skeptical?

Grin is excellent charger at $300. Luna makes a good one under $100. Chargers on Alibaba are usually good buys.
There is simply NO comparison. I do use cheap Littokalo Fanless for backup and throw away $10 a pop. BUT for the real deal, tracking battery use and charges, varied charge rates, programmable setting, completely waterproof and mountable on the bike, the Grin Satiator has no competition. Remember warranty is important too. Sataitors are future proof to a degree given their firmware can be flashed.
Am I too skeptical?
Yes. Most if not ALL are made in China. AGain, it's not where they are made, it the engineering, design, and manufacturing under supervision.

AVOID this, a 90.4% feedback seller feedback on Aliexpress. FEEDBACK is EVERYTHING. I've made hundreds of orders over the years. If it's a major purchase I look for someone that will take PayPal. These days quite a few do. But don't make it obvious. Sometimes I pay a higher price when it's a better-rated seller. Aliexpress is great IF you understand how to use it to your benefit. Random sellers are potential nightmares and expect to wait a month.

Back