Charger GT Nuvinci.. what did i just buy

Darking

Hi.

I just spent all my savings on a brand new ebike.. a Riese & Müller Charger GT Nuvinci.

But after ive been looking on the net, im a bit confused.

Her is a picture of my bike.

http://imgur.com/Ojflr9g
http://imgur.com/a/6i90f

What im specifically am confused over is the front fork... it seems to be a x-fusion Slide RL2.. a fork that is not mentioned anywhere on R-Ms homepage.

Have i been sold a bike that has parts replaced, or am i looking at a 2015 or 2016 model? i paid full price, so i dont want an 'old' bike

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

If you scroll down to the "Specification" line and expand it, the front fork is listed as a Suntour XCR 32. Perhaps R&M reserves the right to substitute with a similar fork to meet production schedule. They use a JIT (just-in-time) manufacturing procedure; this may be one downside to that process. Or maybe you have an older model built under different specs.

Last edited:
Perhaps that is the cause, i noticed that the 2016 model of the charger mountain has that fork.. its as such not a big worry about the quality, but since i bought the bike directly from the showroom and not as a build to order, im just curious how a nuvinci GT can end up with another fork.

I'll ask them when i collect it on monday, and if it ends up being a 2016 model, i'll ask for a rebate or a refund.

just had a small chat with the vendor.. turns out it might be a 2016 model.. it seems to have a Performance line engine too, and not a performance line CX..

So.... im gonna have a word with them on monday :/

So just an update, it did end up being an older R&M GS model. i talked with the vendor and they ordered me a GH Nuvinci instead :) now the waiting game.... awaits?

Yeah, I'm awaiting my Delite NuVinci GT, which is due to ship on the 17th from Germany. At this point I'm glad I sprung for the air freight, as it cuts 3-4 weeks off the intercontinental transport. I don't think I could have lasted another month.

Glad you looked at the specs and noticed the issue.

Well, Darking and Sonoboy - you must have your bikes by now (did they arrive in time for Christmas?). Happy with them?

Back