Charger Clicking - Red/Green lights alternating

Ron from BC

Normally the Interceptor battery gets charged off the bike and does the usual fan noise, red (orange) light on until the battery is charged then it turns to green....straight forward.

Yesterday my wife connected the charger to the battery while on the bike and in the morning when I checked it the charger was making a clicking noise and the light was flashing red and green alternately. The controller shows the battery fully charged and the manual states that the battery may be charged while on the bike.

I can't seem to find anything searching on the clicking or alternately flashing lights???

Thanks

I've never charged my Interceptor battery off the bike, I've never had an issue of any kind.

UPDATE:

Well Pedego Customer Service got right back to me. To paraphrase his answer...."There is an one explanation on why that happens however the best one is just to send you a new charger." UPS Tracking number received.

It never gets old.......well done Pedego! o_O Hello Great Customer Service

I had the same thing happen with a charger and believe it was due to a brown out during the night. Just happened to be up when a transformer blew down the street causing a momentary brown out. Went out in the garage to grab a beer from the fridge and I heard the charger, which had been happily buzzing away earlier, now clicking loudly. Powered down the charger and then back on and it was fine. Believe its just a safety feature of the charger.

Back