Charger 3 Resale Value?

mkeys

Region
USA
In March 2020 I bought two R&M Charger 3's from Chris @ Propel Bikes. One for me, one for my wife. I'm just over 2k miles on mine now but my wife never really took to it and that one has mostly sat in our home unused. It would have been great to ride together but if it hasn't happened yet I don't think it is going to. So I am thinking about selling it.

I've tried researching the value of the bike but its difficult to find any comparable numbers as it just isn't that common around here. I'd love some input from members here on its value. It is the 'high speed' version with assist up to 28mph, and has the Vario system built in. I am taking it into our nearest authorized Bosch dealer this coming week to get the firmware updated to the latest version. I've read that ups the torque from 75NM to 85NM.

Specs:
2020 Riese & Müller Charger3 GT Vario HS
Color: Storm Blue Matte
Size: 49cm
Display: Smartphone Hub
GX Option: No
Front Rack: No
Ergon GP1 Grips

It is in great condition, probably has in the neighborhood of 100 miles on it.

Thanks for your thoughts/input!

Matt

You'll also want to include whether it has a 500wh or 625wh Powertube. The super low mileage will make it appealing to a lot of people, but I'd expect to still lose a few thousand on reselling it.

If you don't want to sell it directly, I'm told The Pro's Closet has a lot of experience with selling used R&Ms.

Another option is to contact Propel and have them sell it after taking an appropriate commission. They must get lots of customers that might be interested…

It has the 500wh powertube. I think the 625's came in the next model year later.

I did reach out to Propel asking if they could put a value on it. I wrote to chris@ directly and haven't heard back. I haven't tried again on their more general email address yet.

I imagine Chris gets more people contacting him directly than he can respond to - whereas I assume he pays someone(s) to respond to the general email address.

Yeah I had a similar thought. I sent an email to their hello@ address earlier today we will see what they say. I'll share here if I hear back. Happy to hear estimated values from others who may know in the meantime.

Looking at Propel, configuring the same bike today would be about $7,561.00. The only difference being a 625wh battery (vs 500). So maybe it would be reasonable to think the bike is worth something in the $5,000-$5,500 range to the right buyer.

Yeah I had a similar thought. I sent an email to their hello@ address earlier today we will see what they say. I'll share here if I hear back. Happy to hear estimated values from others who may know in the meantime.

Looking at Propel, configuring the same bike today would be about $7,561.00. The only difference being a 625wh battery (vs 500). So maybe it would be reasonable to think the bike is worth something in the $5,000-$5,500 range to the right buyer.
It’s a great buy for someone with such low km on it. Shame you’ll lose the money but sounds like it’s a dead asset right now.

There are zero R&M for second hand sale in my part of the world!

Good luck!

Back