Changing to off road mode

Yeah I like on Kitchener/Waterloo two different cities that have just grown into each other and I really one big city now and there is a solid paved bike trail from one end of the city to the other. It's amazing. Just need to get my partner one so we can go out together... it's painful on an Ebike with someone peddling behind you, you just want to go fast!!

Know what you mean, my brother in law rides with me (wife does not ride) and he rides a tradition trek. He cannot ride anywhere the distance I can (although he tries, he has done 42 miles with me). He just is not ready at this point to go with an e bike. I really like to go with another on longer rides, 15-20 mile trips around town I do alone. Again enjoy, maybe we can get more people to be active on forum. I have made several friends on Rad forum and we share info about trips etc. But would be nice to have people with same brand bike. Have also had contact with others through facebook.

Ted Mackey
[email protected]

Thanks @MrCaspan for the code, i asked customer support to have it and they never gave it to me, but they're sure are very responsive.
Not exactly sure why there's a code too, as you did, i tried to boost the speed :) and had the same result as you.
Just wanted to switch from 9 levels of speed to 5 so i could finally do that.
It's a bit too late to try it now but hopefully next spring i will be able to test the difference.

yeah I switched mine to 3 PAS levels to get to top speed faster LOL.

I have bought a fat tire bike since and I am looking to sell my iGo as its is really locked and restricted where if you build your own parts you can make it as fast as you want.

Yeah i guess all "official" bikes have the same kind of legal limitations which isn't the case if you build it yourself. out of curiosity how much are you asking for your "Atwater"? you can PM me if you prefer.

I'm looking for $2500CDN I paid $3300 with tax because I got it form a local store and I don't mind paying the higher price of $2900 because you get a lot from a local store when you support them. So I know I will take a loss on this a bit but it part of the game of finding something you are happy with. I have contacted iGo also to see if there is anything they can do to sell it as a refurb as they are sold out on their site

That's a fair price, not sure it's the best period for ebiking in Canada though :)
I'm thinking of buying one for my wife, i'm not sure if we will go with the Berri, since she's smaller than me, anyway we're kind of undecided yet.
did you think of changing the motor to your bike, would it be more complicated than build a new one?

Yeah no kidding, believe it or not I am using my FatTire bike to still commute on some days if the roads are clear. I get on my snowboarding outfit and love biking in the snow! But you are right selling one with snow on the ground is hard. I think for a shorter person the Berri is the better bike. 28" wheels are high!! As for upgrading the bike I'm just changing the parts out. My FatTire Ajax bike has fairly generic Chinese cheap stuff on it which works great but the screen is just LEDs with power indicator which is fine with but want some more torque from my controller. Its also fun to learn all about the controllers and motors and screens. I want to take it to 1000w if I can. Were only allowed 500w (ratted) in Canada but no way for a cop to know. Paint over the wattage and you get all the power you need for hills and trails and just bike responsibly on city streets and trails and police will never be an issue. Also just get a class 2 sticker from Bolton bikes, they will never know

To Add to that 500w(rated) means the company rates it at 500w.. I have seen 1000w motors rated at 500w because that's what the company wanted to rate it at to make it conform to standards. My iGo is 500W rated and I see the screen read 1700w at points when going up a hill for like 2 minutes. A 500w motor could peak up to 2500w but will over heat quickly if you sustain that power. So I would rather run a 1000w (rated) and that way if I am always pushing 600w 90% of the time it can handle it and wont stress the windings and it will never overheat. But when I hit large hills the motor won't even blink and the spike in watts will be nothing and not harm the motor.

Unfortunately, the simple answer is no.
I believe however that it is possible if you swap out the controller and display, upgrade from the 500s to the 500c or 500c BLE (identical but with bluetooth).

I have already made an inquiry to our friends at iGO and although they initially told me via email customer service, the Core 3.0 cannot swap out controllers, a follow up reply soon confirmed that I could in fact swap it out but it would never be capable of iGO Connect BLE. I am assuming that the motors that use a BLE Display have different sensors in the motor that relay such capabilities.

To get to "Off Road Mode" is simply an option that puts your bike into, what Tesla would call, "Ludichrist" Mode.

I have many ebikes. I have a 48v500w rear hub fat with 48v battery. I currently have it set up to have ludichrist mode on demand - no app - no special iGO Connect sensors in a specific motor, and a completely different controller and display.

I personally love the iGO Con ect idea and the app that allows you easier access to be able to access fast mode, strike that, access "off road mode", but wouldn't want to use an app while out or before for that matter. I'd want rhat mode on demand all the time.

Just imo

can we change offmode mode on igo extreme 3.0 whit the apps igo conect.
Just saying.
The Core series, including the Core 3.0 DO NOT Work with iGO Connect.
The Core series uses a 35a controller and non-bluetooth display. Bluetooth is the requirement for iGO Connect.
You will need an iGO with the Bafang 500c BLE display to work iGO Connect App.
It is as simple as that.

Back