Changing the chain ring gear on my Sondors bike

wings02

I have a 7 speed Sondors Fold EX bike that I want to change the chain ring to get more resistance while pedaling in higher gears. I am finding that I cannot get past level 2 PAS without "running out of pedal" (I think is the term). I do not want to make changes in the rear cassette at this time. I'm presently running a 48 tooth gear on the bike. How much bigger of a gear should I use to give myself more resistance when pedaling? Do I have to get a longer chain also? Also, do I need any specific type of gear? Can I get one on Amazon? Thank you!

There is a Fold EX? Join the Sondors Facebook Owners page and you will get all the help you need.

wing02-I bet we have the same seven speed rear freewheel. I'm one of the very few who didn't go Facebook (or any social media source other than LinkedIn for work). If I hear something that may work for us, I'll post it here.

Thanks MXS! I went on Amazon and ordered a 50 tooth gear. I am able to return if it doesn't work. I will keep you posted on this thread.

Yes, please do! I saved the "specs" from electricbikereview and it says my MXS has:
7 Speed 1x7 Shimano Altus, MF-TZ500-7 14-28 Tooth Freewheel

SHIFTER DETAILS:

Shimano RevoShift Half-Grip Twist on Right

That's a great looking bike wings02! What color did you get? Looks like you have the folding version of my bike. I got the Torch color, you? I almost bought that instead, but cause I'm a bigger dude, opted for the MXS and love it. I wish I had both honestly!

Here are the specs from this site on your bike:
7 Speed 1x7 Shimano Tourney, MF-TZ500-7 14-28 Tooth Freewheel, Shimano Tourney Derailleur

So we have the same brand, but different derailleurs it seems (Altus vs Tourney)?

I have the Tourney. The color is called graphite. It's very dark gray metallic. Really enjoying my bike also!

50T works fine according to the guys that posted about the change on the Facebook page. 52 may work on some, but comments about being too close to the chain stay. Did you order more chain too?

50T works fine according to the guys that posted about the change on the Facebook page. 52 may work on some, but comments about being too close to the chain stay. Did you order more chain too?
I didn’t. If I can add to the existing chain could you please provide a link ( no pun intended) of where I can purchase.

I didn’t. If I can add to the existing chain could you please provide a link ( no pun intended) of where I can purchase.
I have the fold xs and want to upgrade to a 56t chainring. The lasco one works but I hate the way it looks. Wish there was a 56t that looked similar to the fold xs'

Back