Changing motor to 750W

What brand bike/type did you order? I've been looking for a new mid-drive bike myself.
I ordered one from Biktrix. I looked at all the other suggestions on EBR. Frey looked promising but has a 3 to 4-month wait from China. I liked Luna but they don't offer the Bafang Ultra yet. Others have bad customer service reviews or way over my budget. Now that I know ebikes can have more issues, good customer service is important.

Luna does have Ultra..

I was interested in the Luna X1 model which only comes with the M600 motor rated at 750-watts. They have a different controller to push 2000-watts through it for $300 more. I think the Ultra motor is M620 model and nominal rated at 1000-watts with 1500 peak. I'd rather spend the extra money on a bigger motor instead of a controller upgrade and find out I burnt out the motor.

The other bikes from LUNA with 1000-watt BBSHD are available but if I'm paying that price I want the motor integrated to the frame instead of hanging out.

I would think so, more grip=better climbing since you are putting equal force to both tires instead of one you are on equal grounding instead of having the front of the bike weigh less if that makes any sense.

Not sure about the complexity...but I remember seeing a video on youtube on a lectric upgrade that looked pretty nuts with dual motors...

Here it is,
The guy who did that build ended up getting another higher end bike because the Lectric was too dangerous modded this way.

I would think so, a mid drive + a hub drive is kinda ridiculous, I was just posting that to show what people were doing to push the limits of the XP.

A far safer option would be to get a 20x4 front hub motor.

Back