Change handlebar height

lsnz

Can I change the height of the handlebars on my Agattu B8? I know I can swivel them but I'd like to raise them vertically a couple of inches. The dealer told me it can't be raised but he was wrong about some other things.

Can I change the height of the handlebars on my Agattu B8? I know I can swivel them but I'd like to raise them vertically a couple of inches. The dealer told me it can't be raised but he was wrong about some other things.

I don't own an Agattu B8, but speaking about bikes in general you would have to get a taller stem or, if feasible, spacers to raise the stem. You may also have to get longer cables (and/or hydraulic lines) which, if routed inside the frame, could be a pain to replace. But it's doable.

When I bought my Haibike I had my dealer install spacers to raise the stem and handlebars. Fortunately, I had enough length in my cables and hydraulic lines that I did not have to replace them with longer ones.

Last edited:
You will need a stem riser. Make sure you have the correct diameter of your steerer tube.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Thanks for the replies. I've managed to raise the handlebars a small amount; hopefully it will be enough. There's still some slack in the cables so if I have to go higher I'll know how to do it.

Back