Chain Stay Protector?

Bill1031

Is one of these advisable on a Pace 500? If so what is your recommendation? Have not gotten bike yet but have been getting some things in advance in preparation. Thanks

A chain stay protector keep the chain from marring the finish of the chain stay. The Aventon likely has a piece of helicopter tape on the stay to protect it. There are fancier ones available. If you ride on a lot of rough roads or off road you will get chain slap. but otherwise you don't really need one.

As for stuff you should get in advance: helmet, floor pump, and things to fix a flat (tire levers, spare tube, patch kit, and emergency pump or CO2 inflator). Anything else you can wait and see what you want/need.

Thanks Nova Haibike. Did not see much on forums about those protectors but saw a review that noting was there on the pace 500. Said you could get something if you wanted so I looked and it was cheap enough. I will wait because I will be on paved roads mostly. Have bought a maintenance stand and chain lube and Park chain cleaning too and helmet Also bought tire levers and have a small pump already. An extra tube would probably be a great idea though! Thanks for the reply!

I’ve been riding my Pace 500 for the past 700 miles with no problem. When riding with long pants, the pant never got caught, and the chain haver scratched the paint.

Back