CCX Voltage

Commuter

With the stock charger the bike charges to 57.9v, and today it was 57.8v. what are you seeing on the CCX (or other 52v offering with 19.2ah battery)?

Remember the stock charger only charges to 95% of capacity to prolong battery life by design. Hence the 57v and not the 58v fully charged. My stock charger also charged to 57.7v when the green light come on. I don't think a tenth of a volt matters all that much.

Commuter from all I've read there's 2 killers for our batteries to avoid. Don't overcharge above 100% and don't get near the dreaded 42v on a 52v batt. Stop using the batt at say 45v or near. That thresh hold is just my guide line but you must have one to prolong batt life.

Commuter from all I've read there's 2 killers for our batteries to avoid. Don't overcharge above 100% and don't get near the dreaded 42v on a 52v batt. Stop using the batt at say 45v or near. That thresh hold is just my guide line but you must have one to prolong batt life.
You can set a minimum as well on the CCS display

Justin you are correct, I was wrong. 45v is 20% on the 52v battery pack. Thanks for clarifying that. I've read so many #s concerning these batts that I was confused. That helps me a lot in order to be accurate regarding batt usage.

Justin you are correct, I was wrong. 45v is 20% on the 52v battery pack. Thanks for clarifying that. I've read so many #s concerning these batts that I was confused. That helps me a lot in order to be accurate regarding batt usage.

No problem. I actually made a post about it here: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/charging-to-80-without-a-satiator.24763/post-156543

It's a bit confusing because in my opinion the 9 bar counter on the display is way off - I get down to 20% and only go through 3 or 4 bars.

But that minimum does not go low enough to project a 52V battery. IIRC, the minimum is 42V on the CCS, when 48.7V is 20%. 42V is ~4%.
You can set the minimum within a range. It will go at least as high as 46V on my CCS. I've never tried to set it higher, and prefer it at 42V on the 48V system. I don't go below 44V - and only rarely below 46V, because performance starts to lag - but if I set it at 44V, the controller starts restricting output at around 46V and I don't want that. There were some threads on this in Jan. or Feb.

You access this through the advanced display.

You can set the minimum within a range. It will go at least as high as 46V on my CCS. I've never tried to set it higher, and prefer it at 42V on the 48V system. I don't go below 44V - and only rarely below 46V, because performance starts to lag - but if I set it at 44V, the controller starts restricting output at around 46V and I don't want that. There were some threads on this in Jan. or Feb.

You access this through the advanced display.

Will you record a video of yours? Because this is what mine does.

Now I'm curious if there's a 52v firmware that I don't have.

My max/min voltage charge level goals on the 52V 19.2Ah battery are 56/45 respectively. Setting a minimum discharge voltage on the controller is easy. It's a different story for setting the maximum voltage to 80% (about 55/56 volts). What I have done is to plug the stock charger into a countdown timer, and intermittently monitor the voltage readout on the controller during the recharge cycle. Stopping a recharge cycle at 55-56 volts in this manner has been a chore. And I guess a $350 programmable charger would be the better solution to the issue. Any cautions or suggestions with my method of recharging the battery?

I have re-posted the graph below which shows voltage and capacity percentages for 5 different battery pack designs.

For the CCX with it's 52 Volt Battery pack, the graph shows that at 80-85% capacity the unit has a voltage of 55.4 -56.3; With the battery discharged to 20% there are 45.4 volts of charge remaining. In order to optimize useful battery life, experts have stated, 20% of full is an optimal point to recharge the battery to a capacity somewhat less than completely full.
For a 52 volt battery we see that at 100% the battery is charged to 58.8 volts
-at 85% the battery is charged to 56.3 volts
-at 80% the battery is charged to 55.4 volts

According to the graph a 52 volt battery pack at 0% charge still holds a base charge of 42 volts.
As the Li-Ion experts have suggested, prolonging the useful life of a battery pack is enhanced by stopping the discharged level at 20%
Setting the CCX to stop drawing current from the battery pack at 20% means setting the minimum voltage at the controller to 45.4 volts.

1546038045654.png

Last edited:
My max/min voltage charge level goals on the 52V 19.2Ah battery are 56/45 respectively. Setting a minimum discharge voltage on the controller is easy. It's a different story for setting the maximum voltage to 80% (about 55/56 volts). What I have done is to plug the stock charger into a countdown timer, and intermittently monitor the voltage readout on the controller during the recharge cycle. Stopping a recharge cycle at 55-56 volts in this manner has been a chore. And I guess a $350 programmable charger would be the better solution to the issue. Any cautions or suggestions with my method of recharging the battery?
There was a lengthy thread on this earlier this year.

I found this chart on a google search that turned up at "electricbike" website.
1546098061031.png
--the preferred chart for the 52V 19.2 Ah CCX

Attachments

• 1546099945587.png
    1546099945587.png
    716.7 KB · Views: 727
Last edited:
The bottom chart shows 47.6v at 20% The top chart shows 45.4v at 20% What battery pack does the bottom chart represent? Which chart is a better representation of the Juiced 52V 19.2 Ah battery pack?

The bottom chart shows 47.6v at 20% The top chart shows 45.4v at 20% What battery pack does the bottom chart represent? Which chart is a better representation of the Juiced 52V 19.2 Ah battery pack?

Juiced tools their own battery pack in San Diego, California. To my knowledge they are not made in China and shipped over.

They know their battery technology inside and out. From their own website under FAQ they state:

For 52V 20% is about 45V and 80% is about 55V

The fact that they use the word "about" shows there is some variance. I wouldn't be too concerned about fractions of a volt. The controller probably isn't even accurate to that degree.

I'd use the above from Juiced and go with it.

Juiced tools their own battery pack in San Diego, California. To my knowledge they are not made in China and shipped over.

They know their battery technology inside and out. From their own website under FAQ they state:

The fact that they use the word "about" shows there is some variance. I wouldn't be too concerned about fractions of a volt. The controller probably isn't even accurate to that degree.

Thanks for the information. I checked the FAQ section and found this chart to use for future reference.

Attachments

• Voltage Charge Graph.JPG
    Voltage Charge Graph.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 989
The in-line chart on post #15 and the chart on post#18 reflect the advocated values from Juiced FAQ section.

I think their batteries are all made and tooled in China, you can see that from the many factory YouTube videos that Juiced have put out.

Back