CCX rear flat

Bschap

Hey ya'll, Just got a flat on my way home. First one. Haven't changed before. I did buy the Axel nut remover from Juiced. What tube and size do you recommend I get and is there a better tutorial video out there besides the Juiced site one? I do remember there being a tube you can change without taking the wheel off. I don't remember the name and not sure of the quality. Obviously at this point my bike shop is closed and need to get this going asap.

Thanks so much for any responses.

I have a CCS not a CCX but I thought the wheels were the same. Anyhow, check your side wall of your tire. It is likely 700x28-45c.

I bought Kujo brand tube from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BM23DG4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This video gives a good description:

I also created a check list, again, for a CCS.

Rear Wheel removal:
  1. Rotate controller on handle bar
  2. Flip bike
  3. Remove zip ties on drive side to free up motor cable
  4. Disconnect connectors (2x)
  5. Remove rubber covers from axle
  6. Thread wires through tool
  7. Loosen nut on drive side
  8. Do the same on the disc side
  9. Remove safety lock with allen wrench
  10. Careful not to scratch the cadence sensor
  11. --- Reverse above steps to put it all back. Note where spacers are
  12. Drop chain off of front chain ring to reduce tension
  13. Use 10mm wrench to wiggle axle into place
  14. Be sure to put the allen screw back into the disc lock
  15. Put rubber cover back on after tightening nut
  16. Reconnect motor cables (2x)
  17. Zip tie back to swing arm

Hi the tube you can use without removing the wheel is called Gaadi. I’ve had one on my rear wheel for around 800 miles and it’s been fine. Highly recommend

Hey ya'll, Just got a flat on my way home. First one. Haven't changed before. I did buy the Axel nut remover from Juiced. What tube and size do you recommend I get and is there a better tutorial video out there besides the Juiced site one? I do remember there being a tube you can change without taking the wheel off. I don't remember the name and not sure of the quality. Obviously at this point my bike shop is closed and need to get this going asap.

Thanks so much for any responses.
Flats suck : Here are what we use. https://tannusamerica.com/products/tannus-armour

I have a fat tire bike that I promptly got a rear flat from a desert thorn within my first 10 miles. lots and lots of thorns in the desert. I was able to get at the tube and patch it without removing the wheel.
I Slimed the tires and have not had a flat in over 1000 miles with lots of dirt trail riding. It initially pained me to add 8 ounces of Slime to a brand new machine but it does work.

what size of tannus armour do you use for the CCX with the marathon plus? And any installation tips? I bought some for another bike and just couldn’t get it to fit, so am wary of spending $50-100 on another experiment
There is a size chart in the link I posted. I have the LBS do it for me. My hands have a bit of tendonitis from 50 years of playing the drums so I gladly relinquish the job.. I have watched them do it and sometimes the tech needs another guy to lend a third hand.

Get a quick change tube.
81VS4rg%2BRxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
What would be the correct size tube for a Juiced CCX? The 700C size on Amazon only goes up to 32 - 35c width. Would the 27.5" tubes work? They come in the wider widths

I had a couple rear wheel flats in the first few weeks of my CSS so I bought Marathon Plus tires and just use normal tubes. Haven't had a flat in over 5k miles.

I use the Schwalbe Marathon Almotion 28x2.0 on my Cross Current and have only had one flat in ~18k miles. The one flat I got was a drywall screw through the sidewall that just about any pneumatic bicycle tire is susceptible to (sidewalls don’t typically have much protection). I wouldn’t even bother trying to change a rear tube of a rear hub motor e-bike on the side of the road. It’s hard enough doing it in the comfort of my living room!

I don’t even bother carrying a tube and pump with me. I always have a U-Lock with me. If I get a flat I just lock the bike up and take a Jump bike, Lyme scooter or Uber/Lyft home and immediately jump in my car and go pick up my bike.

Back