CCS tire size - for LCD settings?

Andy_in_CA

Does anyone know what the size of the tires should be for the CCS settings? Currently its set to 2225. Not sure if this is mm,cm?

I just want to make sure the speedometer is correct on the bike and i'm guessing it goes by the where size?

thanks in advanced.

Andy

Does anyone know what the size of the tires should be for the CCS settings? Currently its set to 2225. Not sure if this is mm,cm?

I just want to make sure the speedometer is correct on the bike and i'm guessing it goes by the where size?

thanks in advanced.

Andy

It's mm. I measured and set mine to 2242 for the stock Kenda tires.

is that circumference?

Yes, in millimeters. I’ve changed it before on my Garmin cycling computers. You might be able to fool the bike into going faster on throttle only by manipulating this setting (at the expense of inaccurate speedometer readings.)

thanks.. I don't want to fool it i just want it to be accurate as possible.

Andy
Ideally, inflate to your preferred pressure, sit on the bike and roll the wheel out one complete revolution and measure the precise distance in mm. Or go even more than one revolution, to minimize your measurement error by that factor more.

Eh, mine's close enough: I just finally got it set to miles instead of kilometers. I still can't set the time on my microwave. Why is life so complicated? :0) 07_14_16_f73b1577d4c5faa5bc66ff77eebe51ac.jpg

Back