CCS REAR LIGHT

KAM1952

The online manual says pushing the on button on the rearlight puts it in automatic mode. The only thing mine seems to do is turn on and off. One push on, two off. Anybody know anything about the light, or a rechargeable one that will fit the mounting bracket.

Mine just turns on and off.

I wanted something more, plus I like to experiment, so I've tried several lights.

My first experiment was this light. I have it on my helmet. It's pretty good. The only drawback is it doesn't have great battery life, and I have to take it off the helmet to charge it, so I only use it for dusk and night-time riding.

This light was originally placed on the seat tube, but it wasn't visible enough there, so I zip-tied it onto the back of the rack, just above the stock light (which I still use.) I like that it blinks brightly, has a couple of different modes, and some day I may try out the laser lights too.

This magnetic induction light is my newest experiment. No battery, no on-off switch. Every time the magnet on the spoke spins past the light it creates an electrical current and flashes brightly enough to be seen in daylight. I don't have to remember to use it or to turn it off again. So far so good; been running it for a week.

I've tried a couple of other lights that I didn't like and gave to the grandkids.

Back