Cat-Ears Wind Noise Reduction

I'm still using my original set from this thread and am very pleased. Good luck with them, don't forget to post your impressions!

Never heard of these; but, decided to give them a try. Always windy in the southwest to add to the ebike mph (10-15 mph headwind + 16-18 mph ebike speed). I already need glasses at night and bifocals. Don't want to take any chances with my hearing.

They do work well, although do not expect them to block all wind noise. I do not like lots of wind in my ears, so I use them all year even here in Arizona in the summer, when cold is definitely not a concern. And as already mentioned, they block the wind without blocking any other noises which may be important to hear for safety.

Yes, they reduce wind noise by reducing the actual amount of wind at the opening of your ear. Same principle as if you cup your hands in front of your ears on a windy day

wanted to provide some quick feedback here. i've had a chance to use the cat-ears on a few commutes now and it's working out great for me. they do stick out a little more than what is ideal so i'm sure i look a little strange. however, they are certainly effective at reducing noise. your mileage will vary though but as others have stated, keep them as close to your ears as you can. i noticed too, your head has to be in a certain position for these to work optimally so this is something you'll need to experiment with yourself.

Back