Can't turn off lights on Gazelle Ultimate T10+

yemaste

Region
USA
So I just purchased this bike. Everything is great, rides like a dream except I am not able to turn off the lights during the day. They're just always on as long as the computer is on. It uses a purion display, and the manual states a long press of the + button should turn these off. I contacted the shop I bought it from and they told me this is just how it is on this model bike. It seems odd to me and I wanted to know if anyone could confirm and/or explain why this is. Is it a restriction in the firmware or with the lights they use on the bike?

Edit: I'm in the US btw.

Last edited:
It is for your ride safety. Same as daylight running light on cars. The battery draw is symbolic.

There was a firmware update to to my Trek with Bosch motor that changed this for me. The light came set to power on all the time , after the upgrade the bike had additional torque and let me control the light, worth checking if available to you

There was a firmware update to to my Trek with Bosch motor that changed this for me. The light came set to power on all the time , after the upgrade the bike had additional torque and let me control the light, worth checking if available to you
Which Bosch motor do you have on your Trek?

So I just purchased this bike. Everything is great, rides like a dream except I am not able to turn off the lights during the day. They're just always on as long as the computer is on. It uses a purion display, and the manual states a long press of the + button should turn these off. I contacted the shop I bought it from and they told me this is just how it is on this model bike. It seems odd to me and I wanted to know if anyone could confirm and/or explain why this is. Is it a restriction in the firmware or with the lights they use on the bike?

Edit: I'm in the US btw.
This is EU requirement for the speed bikes. For US this is not mandatory, so usually light can be turned on/off on your preference. This can be configured via Bosch service software, which only Bosch dealers have. They should be able to change it for you on your request (you can do it with any Bosch dealer, not only the shop you bought the bike from).

I just checked the firmware and it looks like I'm not updated to the latest version. I'm going to take the bike into the shop to get the update and while i'm there I'll see if theyre able to change the option. Kind of curious what the additional torque will feel like as well...

Just wanted to follow up with the resolution. I brought my bike in to the shop i purchased it from. They updated the firmware for me. It took a while because while they had all the necessary equipment to do the job, I was the first bike they ever updated the firmware for and they were figuring out the whole process. They also were able to toggle the option to be able to turn the bike lights off. Problem solved.

Mine had the same problem and same software update fix.

Mine had the same problem and same software update fix.
Same for my new Gazelle Ultimate C380+.
The are shipped from the factory in the Netherlands with the lights always on.
I had the firmware updated and the light on/of setting activated.
Works like the manual says it should now.
😀

my trek the wires turn on and off with the bike but the nyon does not control them. thats what I want anyway so no biggie.

I just bought a 380+ yesterday and they shop has to enable the option in the firmware (at the same time they check/update the firmware). As others have pointed out in the Netherlands or EU they have to be enabled all the time.
As for power it uses 5-10 watts so in 10 hours of riding the lights have consumed 10-20% of the 500 watt battery. It isn't huge but can add up over time. I prefer blinking lights during the day so in full sun I turn the built-in lights off.

As for power it uses 5-10 watts so in 10 hours of riding the lights have consumed 10-20% of the 500 watt battery.
And this is for the stock light, which is not very bright. I have it replaced with Supernova, which is brighter and will consume even more.
I prefer blinking lights during the day so in full sun I turn the built-in lights off.
Agree. I use blinking lights on my helmet during day (if there are not very bright outside). If it is bright day, I don't use any.

Back