Can the 2022 Vado 5.0's be derestricted?

Gee_Whiz

Is there anything in particular that would keep these motors from being unlocked with the proper tool?

Under what circumstance do you anticipate needing assistance above 28mph?

Just curious. Answer can be ‘cuz I want to ‘ if you wish.

Its not a necessity, just curious moreso. On other models, Trek in particular, the motor cuts a bit early and it throws off pedaling at higher speeds

It makes no sense to derestrict a Class 3 e-bike IMHO. The air drag above 25 mph makes it hard to ride any faster unless it is a tailwind or downhill ride. Riding at the top speed range is also heavy on the battery consumption and on the drivetrain, both being costly in a longer term (battery and drivetrain degradation). I own and ride a 45 km/h Vado and never thought I would like to derestrict it.

Derestricting 2020 Mastermind e-bikes electronically appears difficult because of the data encryption in the system. Mechanically? Did Alex of PLANET3.BIKE confirm he could handle new Vados? Derestricting the new Vado mechanically will produce crap on the display, undermining all benefits the new Mastermind can offer.

It makes no sense to derestrict a Class 3 e-bike IMHO. The air drag above 25 mph makes it hard to ride any faster unless it is a tailwind or downhill ride. Riding at the top speed range is also heavy on the battery consumption and on the drivetrain, both being costly in a longer term (battery and drivetrain degradation). I own and ride a 45 km/h Vado and never thought I would like to derestrict it.

Derestricting 2020 Mastermind e-bikes electronically appears difficult because of the data encryption in the system. Mechanically? Did Alex of PLANET3.BIKE confirm he could handle new Vados? Derestricting the new Vado mechanically will produce crap on the display, undermining all benefits the new Mastermind can offer.
Thank you for the fantastic insights. This makes alot of sense

fully agree with @Stefan Mikes I have US Vado 5 with 28m/h speed limit. I rarely go over 20m/h.
The occasional time when I ride with my biker son I exceed the 20m/h and it is not comfortable.

Back