Can a 400Wh Yamaha battery replace my lost 500wh Yamaha battery?

Kory

Sadly, I left my battery on our bumper after a ride and it seems to be gone forever.
after calling many bike stores, I was informed that Haibike and Yamaha are no longer supplying parts to Canada. the best I could find was a 400Wh available in Canada. None of the ones from the US would ship here.
anyone know if the 400Wh will work? Is it the same size? Same connection? Will it work with the motor? It looks the same in the picturebut there is no pic of the connection area.
I’m assuming and hoping it’s all the same, and will just give me less range.
anyone know of anywhere that I could get a 500wh Yamaha battery shipped to Canada?
Thanks!

Yamaha 400 & 500Wh external batteries are indeed interchangeable, with the same chargers, connectors etc.

Yamaha 400 & 500Wh external batteries are indeed interchangeable, with the same chargers, connectors etc.
Hello,

I was wondering if all Haibike / Yamaha batteries are the same. I have a guy who wants to sell me one of his but I'm not sure it will work for my Haibike (Yamaha) motor

Hello,

I was wondering if all Haibike / Yamaha batteries are the same. I have a guy who wants to sell me one of his but I'm not sure it will work for my Haibike (Yamaha) motor
Can he provide a picture? If it was Bosch I know it would fit. All their bases and batteries are the same.

Can he provide a picture? If it was Bosch I know it would fit. All their bases and batteries are the same.
Sure here it is,

battery.jpg

Hello,

All Haibike does is slap their logo decals on Yamaha's batteries (same with Bosch external batteries - I've seen EU websites that sell the decals).

The battery charger and connections on the bike are identical, so the pictured battery will work on your Haibike.

You can probably find it on eBay as well, but here's where I saw them

All Haibike does is slap their logo decals on Yamaha's batteries (same with Bosch external batteries - I've seen EU websites that sell the decals).

The battery charger and connections on the bike are identical, so the pictured battery will work on your Haibike.

You can probably find it on eBay as well, but here's where I saw them
Awesome and thanks so much for the info and the site link, helped a ton.

Rob

offhand, how much is that battery? Has anyone had experience with warranty issues on these batteries? What does the retailer require for proof that battery does not work?

offhand, how much is that battery? Has anyone had experience with warranty issues on these batteries? What does the retailer require for proof that battery does not work?
I've never seen the 400Wh external Yamaha battery for sale online, but the 500Wh used to be sold by a few people for $899. Electric Cyclery always had it listed for $800.99, which is the best price I've seen, but for the first time in the couple years I've been checking on it, they're sold out. If I remember right, they charged less than $50 for shipping.

Crazy Lenny's sells batteries, but they have no prices listed so you'll have to contact them to see how much. Shipping stand-alone batteries legally requires Hazmat certification and special packaging, so it might be expensive. I'll be curious to know how much they quote you if you find out.

One reason I love my Shimano e8000 equipped bike is that their 500Wh external batteries list for $650 (I got one for $600 shipped), and the 400Wh can be found for under $500.

Back