Cadence, torque and power, oh my!

I thought it was a clamp that attached to a rack and its adjustable? been awhile since I looked at it.
We tried to make a "Hillbilly tandem" once upon a time, we bolted the dropouts of an old American bike to the back axle of another American bike, that definitely didn't work, I always wondered if you would have had somebody back there that could have followed rather than trying to "lead" if it would have worked then.
Kind of like pulling a "screed board", some people could work you to death, some people would follow and add( I could that) it would have been murder trying to run a crosscut saw with someone like that( I guess there are "Indians" than there are "Chiefs" most teenagers fall into the latter category.)

I have a cadence question. But first some background.
I finally received my first priority current today (picking up second tomorrow). There is a lot I like about the bike. Brakes are amazing, comfort is good, fun to ride, cvt is *awesome*... etc. However, it feels quite a bit different than the only other e-bikes I have ridden: specialized como 3.0 and vado 4.0 (older models). Sometimes, the priority appears to have power well beyond those two. Sometimes, it.... doesn't.
One thing I could say about the vado 4.0, is I always felt like I was hitting my stride. This made the uphills almost as fun as the downhills.
On the current, sometimes it feels like something isn't quite there. It's harder even in full assist than my memory of the vado. But not *always*. ( I did my hill almost 3 times between the como and the vado, with the last one being the vado and it was the *easiest* of the day. Today I only did the same hill on the current. Once.)
I am one that likes to pedal slow and hard. This brings me to my question/theory.

Is it possible the vado motor is more forgiving of slower/harder cadences?

My understanding was higher torque should have been *more* effective at lower cadences, so the 140nm current should have dealt with that better than the 70nm vado 4.0. So far, that is not consistently my experience.

Do I just need to adjust and keep my cadence up?

I am toying with the idea of renting the vado again to do a direct comparison. If I had the ability to test ride a vado 5.0 igh, I would do it. (not available)

Thoughts?
You want slow hard cadence, turn the PAS off,I can guarantee it will be plenty slow and hard.( I love the PAS on my bikes helps me with the hills thats what it is for)

You want slow hard cadence, turn the PAS off,I can guarantee it will be plenty slow and hard.( I love the PAS on my bikes helps me with the hills thats what it is for)
Not having ridden either bike you are referencing, I can only say this: on my bike (Tongsheng mid motor with both cadence and torque sensing) the motor responds best with a fast cadence. That is the most efficient way to pedal anyhow, electric or not. I get the most robust response when I pedal fast and hard. I find desultory (def: "half-assed") pedaling the least satisfying of all. The motor seems to say, "This guy aint trying very hard, why should I?"

I like a 70 rpm cadence, which I have internalized quite well--not very fast, I admit, but I am 85 yo. I try to select an assist level (most 1, but sometimes higher, if the hill calls for it) and gear to let me maintain that 70 rpm cadence no matter what.

Last edited:
I am very curious about these bikes, just wondering why Court never does a review on them? I would love to hear his opinion.

Back