C9 Saddle Rails Too Wide.....

Guys, I am tightening it as much as humanely possible with what I have and it still won't budge. It seems too close to fitting to have to buy a new seat or a new seat post. What else can I do here?

Attachments

• 20201124_083342.jpg
    20201124_083342.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 20201124_083314.jpg
    20201124_083314.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 20201124_083302.jpg
    20201124_083302.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 317
Guys, I am tightening it as much as humanely possible with what I have and it still won't budge. It seems too close to fitting to have to buy a new seat or a new seat post. What else can I do here?
Thanks for posting the photos... it appears that your seat rails are bent and the clamp is fine.
You may want to try mounting another saddle to confirm that it goes on the Seatpost clamp easily.
Some local bike shops let you test ride their saddles before buying... give it a try. ;)

Thanks for posting the photos... it appears that your seat rails are bent and the clamp is fine.
You may want to try mounting another saddle to confirm that it goes on the Seatpost clamp easily.
Some local bike shops let you test ride their saddles before buying... give it a try. ;)
The clamp is the one that came with the bike and works just fine with the stock Velo plush seat that also came with the bike. The rails on this new C9 seat are just a tad too far apart and I dunno how to bring them in together to make this work. I don't have a vise grip or any sort of good tools. Just the basics.

The clamp is the one that came with the bike and works just fine with the stock Velo plush seat that also came with the bike.
The rails on this new C9 seat are just a tad too far apart and I dunno how to bring them in together to make this work. I don't have a vise grip or any sort of good tools. Just the basics.
I am reluctant to mention this old farm-hand solution on EBR... do you have a (BFH) hammer and a solid 2x4?!

Just sayin' as I have known a few fine hammer-mechanics in my day... when in doubt, use a bigger hammer. ;)

The clamp is the one that came with the bike and works just fine with the stock Velo plush seat that also came with the bike. The rails on this new C9 seat are just a tad too far apart and I dunno how to bring them in together to make this work. I don't have a vise grip or any sort of good tools. Just the basics.
So you do have a stock seat you can use with the clamp that came with the bike? I’d just go back to that seat and ride it for fun so you’re not so deflated.

The reason I mentioned the clamp in my post above is that it attaches the rails at the sides rather than the top/bottom. So as you tighten the nut, it would pull the rails together.

I found a reference somewhere (don't remember where) that the standard rail distance center to center is 44 mm which is just under 1 3/4 inches. Have you measured the rails on your C9 saddle? If the measurement is significantly off, can you return the saddle to whoever sold it to you? If not, try contacting C9 on their website contact link and see what they have to say about it.

Last edited:
Back