Buying a used pre-owned 2018 Levo HT or Vado 1.0 Demo - anything to watch out for?

sparked

Hi all

This is my first post here. I did try to search this but didn't find much in the way of results - hopefully not a rookie error.

So I'm in Australia and looking to buy a e-bike. I've ridden many, Liv amiti-e and 2018 and 2019 VALL E+ PROs and Merida eSpresso 200.

My budget is a bit limited, but worse than that - stock is limited and I cant find a Levo Hardtail in Small anywhere to try or even sit on! Stock won't be in Aus now until September. I don't want to wait that long as I sold my old bike within hours and currently have no bike to ride at all!

Why an e-bike? Well I'm looking to increase fitness, have fun and lose some weight. I live in a area with lots of bike paths close by, a pump track, rivers and lots of fun places to explore. Which is why I thought the Levo HT might suit. I also want that slightly upright riding style and due to some neck and shoulder issues, need very soft elbows. I'm also 5'4" so not very tall.

I've found a 2018 Levo HT with 1100km on it and 16 battery charge recycles. 1 owner. It looks very good, like new in the pics. Super clean and has been ridden mostly on paths. The owner has upgraded to a Levo FS bike. Its still got 6 months warranty left and comes with it's original purchase receipt.

Second is a Vado 1.0 also from 2018. This bike is at a Authorised Specialized reseller. in WA, so across the country from me. I can't look at it. I am waiting for more information on charge cycles. Here's a link to it:

The Vado might suit me more I think but I'm concerned about buying sight unseen and also the warranty. I phoned Specialized and was told given the bike is a demo the warranty is already ticking over - so the date they recieved it and started using the bike is the time the warranty starts ticking over.

What are the pros and cons of each bike? What would you do? Am i nuts? Help!

Last edited:
Back