Buying a Lock with Abus Key Code

CraigR

I recently bought a Vado 3.0 and started shopping for an Abus lock to secure the bike in public. My hope was to use the key code that came with the bike's battery lock to order a lock that is keyed the same. Problem is I can't find any bike shop in the Seattle area that will order an Abus lock from the maker with they key code. Does anyone know of a shop in Seattle that will order the lock with a key code? Or as an alternative, is there some place online I can buy a lock using the key code?

Hi, not much experience on this, but I'd recommend you to write to Abus and see what they have to say.

I bought mine through Electric and Folding Bikes Northwest (http://electricvehiclesnw.com) which is where I bought the bike originally. Abus was a real pain to work with (the first lock they sent wasn't keyed properly and their turn around was horrible), but eventually got sorted and is great to only have a single key to carry around. I had written to Abus previously, and did not get any traction there fwiw; had to go through a dealer.

Back