Bulls Service Feedback

uxorious69

Region
USA
I am looking for my next pedelec. I am seriously considering a Bulls Iconic Evo TR1 Speed however my local Bulls dealer was actually trying to dissuade me from Bulls saying they do not take care of their US customers very well, specifically he said that they have Bulls waiting in his shop for some small specialized non-standard part that takes forever to get here from Europe. He was trying to steer me towards Diamondback but the Union 2 just doesn't compare and the Response lacks commuter amenities. Does anyone own a Bulls pedelec that needed service? How was your experience?

I own a 2018 Bulls Evo 3 eMTB (not pedelec).

Its always hard for me to trust what a dealer says especially since I have friends who have worked at dealers and have told me stories of how they push items, not always being honest with the customer on the rationale or in the best interest of the customer.

Its not always the brand but the brand/dealer relationship as well.

The Bulls warranty is pretty good with up to 4 years on some parts like the battery. My battery went south after 1.5 years and was replaced. The mechanic and I talked with Bulls on the phone (after normal business hours) and diagnosed the problem. Took a week to get the battery. Great experience.

I did have a bad experience with the fork on the bike (Suntour Aion). While it wasnt a bulls problem it was a 'euro spec' part problem. The Aion fork in the US at the time had 34mm stanchions but there was a euro spec fork that had 35mm stanchions that was on my bulls. The fork seals started leaking after 1k miles and needed to be replaced. This was a non-us part so had to be shipped from europe. Then a rock knocked the rebound adjuster off the fork which required a new rebound cartridge ($250 cartridge + shipping with a 2+week wait). I finally just replaced it with a RockShox Yari and havnt had any fork issues since.

So yes, you could run into 'parts problems' on Bulls proprietary parts. This would be the motor/battery/display as well as rear suspension parts like bearings/bushings. Most everything else is just standard bike parts.

I have 4 ebikes at the moment and the Bulls is by far my favorite. Great choice of parts (except the fork) and has been super reliable with now around 6k miles.

I got a Iconic EVO TR1 Speed at the week before Christmas. So far I really am enjoying it, just over 500 miles. (Only really started riding in April, winters in Minnesota)

The only problem I had was my charger quit working. My LBS gave me one from a bike they had in stock so I didn’t even need to wait for the new one to come in, I think he had to go thru Bosch for the replacement. He did indicate that he needed to send the charger in for approval for the warranty and then they would have to ship it to him. So having a good LBS seams to be important.

I own a 2018 Bulls Evo 3 eMTB (not pedelec).

Its always hard for me to trust what a dealer says especially since I have friends who have worked at dealers and have told me stories of how they push items, not always being honest with the customer on the rationale or in the best interest of the customer.

Its not always the brand but the brand/dealer relationship as well.

The Bulls warranty is pretty good with up to 4 years on some parts like the battery. My battery went south after 1.5 years and was replaced. The mechanic and I talked with Bulls on the phone (after normal business hours) and diagnosed the problem. Took a week to get the battery. Great experience.

I did have a bad experience with the fork on the bike (Suntour Aion). While it wasnt a bulls problem it was a 'euro spec' part problem. The Aion fork in the US at the time had 34mm stanchions but there was a euro spec fork that had 35mm stanchions that was on my bulls. The fork seals started leaking after 1k miles and needed to be replaced. This was a non-us part so had to be shipped from europe. Then a rock knocked the rebound adjuster off the fork which required a new rebound cartridge ($250 cartridge + shipping with a 2+week wait). I finally just replaced it with a RockShox Yari and havnt had any fork issues since.

So yes, you could run into 'parts problems' on Bulls proprietary parts. This would be the motor/battery/display as well as rear suspension parts like bearings/bushings. Most everything else is just standard bike parts.

I have 4 ebikes at the moment and the Bulls is by far my favorite. Great choice of parts (except the fork) and has been super reliable with now around 6k miles.
Thank you! I agree - there are two Bulls dealers within a mile of each other here and one loves Bulls says he has few issues, the other is steering me to Diamondback. The Bulls warranty is FAR better than the Diamondback too. Still leaning towards Bulls... thanks!

I got a Iconic EVO TR1 Speed at the week before Christmas. So far I really am enjoying it, just over 500 miles. (Only really started riding in April, winters in Minnesota)

The only problem I had was my charger quit working. My LBS gave me one from a bike they had in stock so I didn’t even need to wait for the new one to come in, I think he had to go thru Bosch for the replacement. He did indicate that he needed to send the charger in for approval for the warranty and then they would have to ship it to him. So having a good LBS seams to be important.
Have you found the non-flat rack to be a problem? Also - did yours come with a Kiox or a Purion display? The spec sheet says Kiox is standard but the one I was looking at had a Purion for some reason.

Have you found the non-flat rack to be a problem? Also - did yours come with a Kiox or a Purion display? The spec sheet says Kiox is standard but the one I was looking at had a Purion for some reason.
It came with the Purion. I think the pre-production versions had the Kiox, Court’s review was a pre-production bike.

I haven’t needed the flat rack yet, but I could see needing it the future. I have been trying to come up with a work around for it, I need to get the materials and see if I can make it work.

I got an Iconic EVO TR1 Speed right after Christmas 2020. Rode it for four months and enjoyed the bike. Then, the frame near where the seat post attaches to the frame cracked, while I was riding around town. Dangerous. Been waiting for over 3 months for warranty service. They opened a warranty case but that has been all and the LBS has "communicated" but no real help. Not really happy...

Attachments

• Crack.jpg
    Crack.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 167
That's NASTY! Thanks for the feedback. I suspect you're stuck in the same Bulls mess I'm in, that model was so popular they are backordered into 2022. I put my order in in MAY. The dealer is telling me, MAYBE FEBRUARY...

with bulls only the parts that are actual bulls parts are warrantied by bulls all else is manufacturer warranty only

Not understanding this part.
My entire bike is registered Bulls USA.
There is a list of parts guaranteed that expires after 2 years. If I were to give my bike to a new owner it is transferable
when I had my rim crack my shop told me it would have to go through the manufacture not bulls. they said all components are dealt with by the manufacture and not bulls. only the frame is warranted by bulls.

Back