Budnitz Ebike

Hi,
The batteries are in the hub. I think that's the green belt on the picture below.View attachment 11546

To some of us that is the problem. Not enough space to have 'decent' battery capacity and the extra rotating mass doesn't make any sense compared to the battery being external and not rotating. Extra mass impacting potholes and such amplifying the heavy wheel effect.

To some of us that is the problem. Not enough space to have 'decent' battery capacity and the extra rotating mass doesn't make any sense compared to the battery being external and not rotating. Extra mass impacting potholes and such amplifying the heavy wheel effect.
I don't know about the battery capacity, it's difficult to know because of their KERS system. But in fact I would be more concerned by the heat.

I don't know about the battery capacity, it's difficult to know because of their KERS system. But in fact I would be more concerned by the heat.

The heat doesn't affect the batteries much, it's the controller that's the issue. Controller exposed to the motors heat WILL be affected and out put reduced to deal with said heat. Add in the short range from the necessarily small battery pack and it seems to be a discovered reality that "all in one" just doesn't work very well in the real world right now. Maybe in the future.

Last edited:

Exactly. When I said I question the location of the battery, I meant I question whether it makes sense. Thanks for the exploded view of the hub though. Very cool from a technology perspective, but not sure from a cycling perspective.

Anyone heard anything new about the Model E? I recall they were going to start delivering these at the end of 2016. I checked their Facebook page and it seems they were on schedule. But I wasn't able to find any reviews/owner comments yet in some quick Google searches...

The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because I havent seen a single review anywhere. I don't want to be one of those deals, and you wait 35 weeks. I wish I would get some info. I really like the ultraminislitic look. Way better to be than Faraday looks.

Back