Brose Gearbox E-Bike Motor

Stefan Mikes

Region
Europe
City
Mazovia, Poland
A new invention, one of those with which Hell is paved :) Or, maybe not? Any news on Pinion MGU e-bikes? Or, any news on any major e-bike brand adopting the new SRAM e-bike motor (Brose)?
Watch from the beginning.

It's good for mtb, but I just feel they are making ebikes more like dirt bikes every day.

Embn posted a video last week encouraging you to put huge knobblies on to tear the muddy trails, as your motor would offset the drag.

It's good for mtb, but I just feel they are making ebikes more like dirt bikes every day.
I think what an MTBer needs is the full control over the bike including its gearing. Otherwise the car off-road racers would use automatic gearbox.

Embn posted a video last week encouraging you to put huge knobblies on to tear the muddy trails, as your motor would offset the drag.
That is not relevant to most of us riding e-bikes on road or gravel ;)

an interesting demonstration project for sure, the super short, fixed geometry chain on a full
suspension bike is clever. i didn’t watch to the end - do they describe what’s inside the frame between the motor unit and the chainring spindle? a belt?

3d printed steel frame is interesting. there are some very beautiful 3d printed titanium junctions and frame components out there.

while i like the idea of combining gears and the motor gearing into one unit, so far the amount of drag these gearboxes induce at low or no motor power has been problematic.

i didn’t watch to the end - do they describe what’s inside the frame between the motor unit and the chainring spindle? a belt?
They did not explain it as nobody could put their hands on that concept e-bike yet, only Brose.

Back