brooks saddles

etienson

Region
USA
Contemplating getting a brooks saddle is anybody have one and what did they think of the rubber ones?

Contemplating getting a brooks saddle is anybody have one and what did they think of the rubber ones?
There has been lots written about this. I suggest you make good use of the forum search function (top right of each page) first before you ask people to retype information already easily accessed.

1638137949816.png

I have the B17 with the slit in it on a Sondors MXS. There were rave reviews and some less than rave. It's a tad hard for me after 16 or 20 miles.

Edit: Welcome to EBR by the way. Lots of great info to be had here, lots of great people. Well.....some of us you just have to smile and tolerate. :)

Well.....some of us you just have to smile and tolerate. :)
Or ignore....

I used Brooks saddles for years on my mtb's along with others in our gang in the Rockies on hard tails. Mostly Pro's and B17's. Everyone soaked theirs in a bucket of warm water before immediately using for a nice long ride and then only treated with Proofhide after.

I now live in the OR and use WTB saddles due to the wetter overall climate. I still have a nice sprung Flyer hanging around that I ended up with so if that is the model you are after shoot me a message!
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 4.18.54 PM.png
Stock photo but pretty close in color, mine is a little darker from age but never got the soak treatment and little use.

I just picked up a slotted c19 (rubber). I've only ridden it once and the seat wasn't adjusted properly (too far forward). I'll report back once I'm able to share a real opinion on it.

Back