Broken headlight mount fiasco for Vado 4.0 SL

veloowl

Region
USA
Hi all,

The plastic arm that connects my headlight to the stem broke on my Vado. Specialized sent me a replacement arm...but they sent only the plastic arm, not the mounting bolt that actually attaches the light to the mount. I would've loved to have just taken the old mounting bolt off the broken arm and use that, but it's riveted onto the arm as far as I can tell.

Is there an easy way to remove the headlight that comes with this bike? Even if I get the right parts, the plastic arm is so cheap that it is probably just a matter of time before it breaks again.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
The broken arm should come off the mounting bracket that comes off the light. You have to use a tool on both sides of the bracket, to loosen/tighten it.

The parts you identified as "part I need" are actually from two different assemblies. The broken leg is part of the plastic light bracket and the pivot with the threaded base is part of the light assembly and are just bolted together. The fitting is just a "GoPro" style mount and you can find a number of sturdy handle bar aluminum GoPro mounts online. Alternatively you can search for "Lezyne Direct X-LOCK System". There are several other threads here with part numbers.

Keep in mind the headlight is designed to be mounted upside down for the beam pattern to work correctly. Lights all the time are a great safety measure if you ride anywhere but on a separated bike path. If you really want to remove the light there is a connector under the TCU.

Last edited:
Back