Broke the handlebar extender

Falken

Well I guess with the new forks I've been hitting the trails a little harder than I used too. The bar extender decided to let go. In hindsight I guess it's not the best place to mount the water bottle....pretty heavy load for them. It was the mount opposite the bottle that broke though....Hmm? I'm already re-thinking placement and have ordered another set. I also broke the phone holder on the same ride, lol. Loving the new forks though:D

OOPSY!
20170903_100302.jpg 20170903_100312.jpg 20170903_100324.jpg

Yowtch! Hate to hate on it, but that's a pretty poor design that I believe could have been improved upon by simply beefing up the metal around the screw-holes. What's the model?

100% agree. I was going hard down the trail but not that hard....

I bought them from West Bicycles online. Not sure if they have a brand on them. Made in China.

Agree, it's a poor design. The screw counterbore basically reduced the aluminum thickness by 90+%. If they used a 7000 series aluminum it may have held, but usually brackets such as this from China are a hit and miss proposition. If you order another one you might consider adding some steel strapping to bridge the screw area. You already know where the weak spot is.;)

Just regular dirt trails, forest trails etc. All I have attached is the water bottle and phone mount. Water bottle definitely has some weight when full. I was kind of hoping I just got a defective unit as I really liked having the bottle there. I ordered 2 this time in case I grenade another one.;)

As in Clue!, the game: It was the Holder with The water weight In the Bottle.

Kidding aside, I have the same and it's been great and solid, but do think it's not designed to carry that much weight IMHO.

Truth be told, I wish our bike would have a dedicated place for a standard bottle holder.

Truth be told, I wish our bike would have a dedicated place for a standard bottle holder.

Agreed. Going to try a couple different mounts and see if there's something I like.

I checked out the shipping on the 1859 NW throttle attachment. Yes, shipping to Canada was a bit much for such a small item. $24.95 US. Still sitting on the fence....

It's good but not worth $25 for S&H. He could simply put it in a small envelope and charge $5, would still make money out of shipping... But he uses this fancy USPS trackable 2 day service in the US, and still charge $6 USD...

It's good but not worth $25 for S&H. He could simply put it in a small envelope and charge $5, would still make money out of shipping... But he uses this fancy USPS trackable 2 day service in the US, and still charge $6 USD...
Ya I think I'll wait and see if maybe he gets a Canadian distributor or lowers the shipping.

Back