Brand new or old stock?

Simon colby

i just bought a nine e and I think it may be much older than I was told. If anyone can tell me please, is my bike is supposed to have the cable inlet on the side in the down tube, or right in the front in the head tube? I am just trying to get an idea of how old my battery is and if they changed the design of the bike other than just the cable inlet.

I asked the guy when I bought it and he said it was a 2015, but all of the pictures that I see online show the different cable inlet. I am also concerned because I know that there was a recall on the carbon seat tube for certain dates of manufacture. Don't get me wrong, I love this bike - I'm just wondering what differences there are seeing as this bike is supposed to be a 2015

omg I just realized that I'm replying to my own post. I'm starting to look like that mountain lion Leroy guy! I promise though, no star graphs. Just a bit over eager for an answer I guess.

sorry simon, i know nothing about felt bikes but you did have 34 views, so maybe nobody knew the answer?..

sorry!

i hate it when that happens to me
hopefully someone that knows will chime in

Were you able to locate the serial number? Sometimes manufacturers will embed a number in the serial # that represents the year model or year of manufacture. Also Felt might have a serial number decoder at their website - else you could email it to them for the bike's history (date of manufacture, site of manufacture, where/when originally sold etc). Just an idea.

That is an excellent idea, and I will do exactly that when I get home in two days from vacation. The bike is fantastic no matter how old it is, but I am concerned about the battery. Did the vendor take care of it? Make sure to keep it about 50% charged at all times? Also, unless I am completely mistaken, won't it also lose some capacity just due to the age no matter how they took care of it? They should have been honest with me. I don't like sneaky secret squirrel games, especially with such an expensive purchase. Thank you very much for the reply!

That is an excellent idea, and I will do exactly that when I get home in two days from vacation. The bike is fantastic no matter how old it is, but I am concerned about the battery. Did the vendor take care of it? Make sure to keep it about 50% charged at all times? Also, unless I am completely mistaken, won't it also lose some capacity just due to the age no matter how they took care of it? They should have been honest with me. I don't like sneaky secret squirrel games, especially with such an expensive purchase. Thank you very much for the reply!

Hey, did you find the serial # /year?

I stumbled in here, in time to see a poor dude, stumbling around in an empty box, making inquiries to the walls... and a little helpful voice finally answered back. The poor dude, in the depths of his madness, could not determine from whence the voice came.

From without, or within.

The latest nine-e sports the heist wheels set. The cables go through the side of the frame as well and has a aluminum seat post. Plus the Rebal fork is all black.
If you email Felt, they are pretty fast with replies.
Great bike, can handle some very serious terrain. Very impressed.

Back