Brakes still squeaking

Maybe if you come down a high mountain for miles and are constantly braking, but even then what does it matter if the brakes get "red".

The brakes would fade and not work. Simple as that.

The below is an example of a pair of my brake discs that have cooked during Swiss mountain descents. Braking all but lost totally, new discs required after two weeks/ten rides, and two sets of pads used.

brakes 2.JPG brakes.JPG

Last edited:
Why would there be a need to have a heat sink. I mean the brakes can't heat that much in normal riding. Maybe if you come down a high mountain for miles and are constantly braking, but even then what does it matter if the brakes get "red".
Way more important for DH mountain bikes in my opinion where you are doing LOT's of braking as the brakes will fade when they heat up and potential warp rotors.

Why would there be a need to have a heat sink. I mean the brakes can't heat that much in normal riding. Maybe if you come down a high mountain for miles and are constantly braking, but even then what does it matter if the brakes get "red".

The Bike with me on it weighs 300 lbs. If I am cruising at 30 mph, I want to make sure I have no brake fade. Plus it looks cool....

Back