brake pads

Gordon71

I'll be needing to change brake pads soon on my 2020 Rad Rover step through. I first checked at Rad and they want $13 per set and it doesn't appear that includes a new spring. On top of that they want a whopping $15 to ship them to me. So I looked on Amazon and Ebay and found lots of Tektro Aries E10.11 brake pads with springs for good prices and free shipping but the other numbers didn't match the A30 and IC344 shown at the Rad site. So is the E10.11 the important number and as long as that matches I'm good?

Tektro Aries E10.11 pads are the correct ones, and the sets supplied by Rad are Tektro factory carded and DO include the spring clips. FWIW, the Rad website lists the pads supplied on their bikes as being metallic which would be A10.11s, which have been virtually impossible to find lately. The E10.11 replacement sets that Rad currently sells are "organic" compound pads and should be fine for most people. They're actually a bit "grabbier" and quieter than the metallics, though the later might appeal to heavy riders who frequently make long steep descents.

Back